Buying a 65 66 in LA

Hi all Im coming over at the end of this month to L.A for a wedding and my brother in law wants me to keep an eye out for a 65 66 fastback or convert v8 car.Looking at a daily driver condition car. Heres the deal, im there for a week and dont want to spend all my time looking at cars.How easy would it be to find a good one? Should i just tell him to buy one here and save my time ! Thanks Stuart Sydney Australia

1965 convert 1989 Asc Mclaren 1962 morris mini cooperised
Reply to
stuart henry

Buying a solid 35 year old car takes times, unless you're willing to find a broker. Then there's the title transfer, shipping, import/export docs, etc. With only a week, I wouldn't count on much. But, hey! You could get lucky.

Reply to
boB

Thats why im not so enthusiastic about the idea.Had enough problems and hickups importing my own thru a car dealer friend who knew the ins and outs. Thanks Stuart Sydney Australia

1965 convert 1989 Asc Mclaren 1962 morris mini cooperised
Reply to
stuart henry

Tell the brother-in-law to do some advance legwork on collectorcartraderonline.com . Here in the States nearly every locality has a weekly pulp magazine call Auto Trader. Sellers get their cars photographed and these photos run in this magazine together with the seller's written description and usually an asking price. This is by far the most popular medium for private sellers.

The web site pulls all these ads into one place. So even in Oz you can get as many leads to cars for sale as if you were to walk into your local liquor store in Burbank or Anaheim and pick up the latest Auto Trader.

Keep in mind the metro area known as "L.A." is a huge place. If you were able to arrange and complete three in-person inspections in a day it would be a miracle. Also keep in mind that buying any old car under time pressure is usually a recipe for disaster. Act in haste, repent at length -- or however the saying goes.

So you've got to ask yourself, do I feel lucky? Well do ya?

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

I got a 66 convert here in Colorado that I am interested in selling...

Gerry Ft Collins, co

Reply to
Gerry