Camaro In The Lead Again

It looks like the Camaro will trump the Mustang is sales again this year.

And it always makes me wonder if Camaro buyers ever cross-shop the Mustang.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Maybe Camaro buyers are all fans of the cartoon movie "Cars" because the Camaros look so cartoonish. The front end makes a Camaro look as if it was grinning.

Reply to
Debbie

Yes, I certainly cross-shop... I have owned both Mustangs and Camaros... In 2002, I shopped both cars and bought the Mustang. In

2005, Camaro was gone and bought the Mustang. Now even if the Camaro was still being produced I would have gone with the Mustang... I loved the 2005 looks of the Mustang! But then the 2010 refresh came and I simply could not stand the looks of the rear on the 2010 Mustang... UGH!! so I ended up with the 2010 Camaro.
Reply to
John S.

Wait... You didn't like the back of the Mustang, so you went with the... Camaro?!? Incredible.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

LOVED the Hips on the Camaro... Could NOT stand the slanted, candy- cane rear end of the Mustang... and was not really a fan of the whole refresh... seemed they just over-stylized it.... But you'll be happy to know that that all the GM products are now gone from are driveway... Driveway now has the 2011 F-250 and a 2011 Flex (with the EcoBoost!! WOOHOO! LOL) So completely Blue Oval at this point!

Reply to
John S.

I too liked the looks of the Camaro. And I can see your argument about the Mustang's styling, though I think the redesign gave the Mustang a more muscular look. The '05-'09s had the right proportions, but I think they were a little bland.

My thing with the Camaro was the poor interior and odd/bad view out the windshield. Those were deal breakers for me.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Yeah, the Camaro's interior was pretty poor... but I loved the low roof line and the "in a cave" feeling when driving.... did make it tough at the track wearing a helmet... unlike the Flex which has an amazing amount of head room, even with a helmet on! ;)

Reply to
John S.