check this CRAP out! ebay auction for the RIGHT to buy a car at sticker price

So here's a slimy dealer game !
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item $9800876 0&categoryb36
you get to BID for the RIGHT to buy the car at sticker price !
I think it seems a bit slimy to me...like the auctions for electronics where you bid on the info for a LINK of where to buy it cheap...

Winning bid:     US $12,100.00 Winning bidder:     stokesmitsubishi ( 0 )
Things that make ya go "Hmm..."
--
"I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function.
Our job is to arrange the meeting."
351CJ wrote:

heh.. someone WAY overpayed!
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:34:17 GMT, "LoTekGuru"

Actually someone didn't in this case...if you check the feedback, the high bidder got the following negative: "Refused to pay after winning....I believe he intentionally sabotaged...BEWARE"
So they actually paid $12,000 over sticker!?!?!?
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:30:20 GMT, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"
Doesn't look like it...the seller left a negative response to the buyer saying: Refused to pay after winning....I believe he intentionally sabotaged...BEWARE Reply by stokesmitsubishi (the buyer): Auction intentionally misleading.Tried to resolve with seller.Refused to resolve
....and why am I posting this...the burgers are on the grill.

The buyer is Stokes Mitsubishi, an automobile dealership.
http://www.stokesmitsubishi.com /
Why would a Mitsubishi dealership bid on a Ford Mustang?
Why would a car dealership, which certainly knows all the deceptive advertising tricks, fall victim to a thinly disguised sleazy ad on eBay? Car dealers sell these kinds of "options" on eBay all the time; even if Stokes Mitsubishi never saw it before, it's obvious what's happening if you just read the description. There's no way the buyer didn't know what the seller intended.
The seller's sabotage theory seems to be the most likely explanation.
--
"I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function.
Our job is to arrange the meeting."
Stokes Mitsubishi sells on Ebay themselves, look on their web sites first page, LOL... http://www.stokesmitsubishi.com /

"stokesmitsu" vs "stokesmitsubishi" It's a different ID (former) than the one who didn't buy the Mustang(latter). http://www.stokesmitsubishi.com/Ebay-Auctions.aspx
Who knows...maybe a disgruntled employee wanting to besmirch the fine name* of Stokes Mitsubishi?
* - the opinions of this poster do not in any way have any bearing on the true nature of the aforementioned dealership's name-worthiness.
Although, stokesmitsu doesn't have a perfect feedback rating either.
Damn...this has degraded. And I'm looking into this too deeply...another lunch hour wasted...heh-heh

Please don't tell me that the winner gets to buy the car at $38,000
On 02 Nov 2004 12:25:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MPBSR25) wrote:

Jeez... Yep...he absolutely did...I heard he paid in cash....and what a bargain!!
I know... ppl can't READ. Sickening, isn't it? THE DUDE DIDN'T PAY!!
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors
(MPBSR25) wrote:

People have done that for years on eBay. I saw the same thing on a Ford GT. I think it went up to $20k over sticker.
John V.

Chief_Wiggum wrote:

And the winning bidder has a -1 feedback. Hopefully that dealer will get what he deserves LOL.
--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

My bet is that BOTH dealers got what they deserved. ;)
--
"I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function.
Our job is to arrange the meeting."
Am I the only one here that looked at the cancelled and retracted bids list?
Kate
wrote: | | > And the winning bidder has a -1 feedback. Hopefully that dealer | >will get what he deserves LOL. | | My bet is that BOTH dealers got what they deserved. ;) | | -- | "I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function. | Our job is to arrange the meeting." | - Norman Schwartzkopf