Cold Idle Porblem

I'm having cold idle runability problems. Any clues? '95 Mustang GT 302cu, 5spd, 42,000 miles. MSD-6A Ignition MSD-Blaster Coil K&N Filter BBK 70mm Throttle Body Ford Racing Wires Cobra Pullies

160 degree thermostat

I recently cleaned the MAF as described in other postings. The check engine light was coming on. That seemed to solve the pinging and drivability problem. I've adjusted the BBK Throttle Body idle screw with no luck. Runs great after warm up. I do have new plugs to install. Accel Racing 524s. They were the coldest plug I could find. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. I'm wondering if the MAF sensor is bad and for some reason it is stuck at wide open throttle.

Thank you,

Loops Anchorage, Alaska

Reply to
Loops

Why the cold plug? Put the stock plugs in and try.

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m
  1. COLD PLUGS HATE COLD

  1. Thanks for describing what you have modded, and what you did.. but the only description of your problem is "cold idle/driveability problems"

What's wrong with this picture? You are asking for a solution without describing the problem.

Does it stall, fast idle, surge, hunt...?!!!! WHAT? What codes read out?

Put stock MOTORCRAFT plugs in it...

Warm engine, shut off, disconnect ISC wiring plug, restart, set throttle screw to 550-600 rpm. check TPS for proper voltage - probably .98.

NOW we can start resolving problem... if it's still there

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic