Cold starting problems [97 GT]

Need some insight. 1997 GT, starts and dies repeatedly the first time it is used each day. After about ten minutes, with the car finally getting warm, it stays running with no problems.

Thanks,

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Pull the codes yet? What mods?

Reply to
Bard

No, I didn't pull the codes. Only mods are Flowmasters.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

My 86 Stang does the same thing. But its not just in the morning. Like whenever its been sitting for like longer than 4 hours. It will do it. Usually just have to sit there holding the RPMS alittle above idle.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

My 2001 GT does the same thing once in a while. Every now and then, after it's been sitting all day, it will just drop RPM to a stall right after I start it up. It will do it a few times until it's been running for about five minutes. The next day, it's fine. No repeat of the problem. Until... A few months later, it will do it again. No question, it's electronic. I told the dealer about it, and, although they have heard the same thing happen to other people, they have never figured it out. To be honest, it's only happened about five times, so, I haven't gone out of my way to look into it. And, when it does happen, I at least know I can get along with the problem so long as I keep the RPM's from crashing until it straightens itself out.

Michael

Reply to
Michael