NEW 2005 MUSTANG PHOTOS

Check out the new Mustang in my new Yahoo group. There are also new models from different makes. We also discuss stylng from all years.

chrisandbecky

I'm looking for pics of a Blue 05 GT (like the one on this month's MTs cover) for my Wallpaper....

Reply to
Katmandu

The only pics I saw there on your yahoogroups site were ones from an auto show that were of the prototype. Also an article talking about the engine being the same as the 2003/04 car, which is untrue. And those pics (which are very very nice) are unfortunately not what the car is going to look like, according to the latest Motor Trend :( Oh and that same Motor Trend article says the GT will have a 3 valve per cylinder 300hp 4.6 and it says nothing about the Cobra.

Some gripes about the look of the new Mustang I see in that Motor Trend article: (a) the dash is like 1968 and yeah I understand retro but geez... I find it ugly. (b) the wheels for GT... 17" standard 18" optional... I don't like the look of either but hey I guess I can swap those out (for a hefty price, no doubt) (c) busy spoiler - could be more elegant I think if it were just a lip or not even a lip but they have a parallel flying spoiler with two vertical pieces holding it to the trunk (similar to my current 96 GT). If it were one piece with the trunk like just a flared lip, not only would it be more elegant, but it would be less a pain to wash and one less thing that can break. (d) "driving lights" mounted on the sides of the grill. Ugh. Along with the "fat lip" under those lights, it gives the car an old fashioned and off-road appearance I'm not fond of for a Mustang. I like SOME retro but geez! (e) no IRS except for Cobra. Geez they go thru all this trouble to change the platform yet they keep that old solid rear axle which loves to make your car skip over bumps like a go-cart or a truck. Sheesh.

Some things I love about the new car (a) 300hp 3valve 4.6 V8! (b) clean lines, fatter look, no fake grills (like those fake side grills and fake hood grills on my 96 GT) I'm GLAD they dropped that fake sh** (c) Larger wheels standard (d) Better weight distribution (front/rear balance): 52/48%! (e) More legroom for front and rear!

So yeah this isn't entirely a gripe letter. There are a lot of things I like about the new 2005 Mustang and IF I get one I'll wait for the Convertible GT or even the Convertible Cobra. Otherwise, I'll further modify my 96 GT Convertible and wait until Ford gets over their fit of retro insanity (yes retro-fit pun intended).

Thanks and now I return you to your regularly scheduled program

Reply to
Scotter

Go to the Car & Driver story on the '05 --

and click on the "photos" button under "Mulitmedia." You'll find75 or so photos of the '05, including components and cutaways, andincluding a light blue standard and a red GT.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Reply to