Door Problems

I just got a 1966 Mustang and the drivers side door keeps getting stuck when i open it. I have tried WD-40 on it but its not helping. Can anyone tell me what i should do??

Reply to
Red66_Lover

It's could be worn door hinge pins. Is there a lot of play in the door if you pick it up or torque it from the open end?

Reply to
John

I dont know, im new at all of this. When i open it all the way it gets stuck. I have tried pushing on it but i dont want to buckle it. So normally i just spray it with WD-40 and it works for the moment so i can shut it, but when i open it again it does it.

Reply to
Red66_Lover

"Red66_Lover" wrote in news:1145597107.597456.309610 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Is it getting caught behind the front fender?

Reply to
elaich

Look at the hinge. There is a little post that runs along the side of the funny shaped cam. The cam is the thing with the spring pushing on it. That post should spin and roll along the cam when you open and close the door. If it gets gummed up the door can be very hard to close. Focus your spray of WD-40 on that post and workit until it rolls. Let us know if that takes care of it.

I've owned my 66 since 1977. I've had that thing stick more than once.

Reply to
Tiger Pilot

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:08:08 -0700, "Tiger Pilot" puked:

It's been my experience that WD40 isn't good for long-term lubrication, it dries out quickly. White grease is generally used in this area.

lab~rat >:-)