Early mustang rack and pinion upgrade question

Some people have used a taurus rack for a swap. Has anyone ever considered using a rack out of a 93 to 96 probe? It's also a rear steer car and maybe it'll provide a better turning radius than the taurus rack.

Reply to
Mark C.

Rear steer?? Do you mean rear wheel drive?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

"Richard" wrote in news:_TH9f.386067$tl2.181221@pd7tw3no:

I think he's talking about the spindle/arm locations.. to front or to back of spindle.

And to answer... you have to also consider distance of spindle pivot- center to knuckle.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yes, a front steer car would have the rack in the front. a rear steer car, like the mustang has the steering gear in back of the front suspension.

Reply to
Mark C.

Had me wondering, too, and then it struck me like the steering on an old Econline box : 0 ) and it made a lot more sense...

Reply to
Spike

"Mark C." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Uh...no. Foxes have front-steer

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Oops, I should have said early mustangs.

Reply to
Mark C.