FACTORY ALUMINUM 5.0 CAM

"Super Clean-always kept lubricated-well maintained"

Always kept lubricated, huh? Wow.. what a concept.

JS

JS

Ever see a billet aluminum cam that was run WITHOUT lubrication ? :-)

He even kept it "well maintained"

Could add this to my 97 5.0 coupe to free up some of the rotating mass. If only I could find a billet aluminum crankshaft to go with it !!!!!

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

Hmm.. you could be onto something. ;-) When you find one, let me know if you can get one for a stroker too. I don't see the sense in rebuilding the bottom end without bumping some cubes.

JS

Reply to
JS

JS opined in news:6JwUa.3038$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

I'm gonna wait on the new ceramic engine blocks before I try an aluminum crank....

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I've have a few sets of factory 5.0 "aluminum" rocker arms I'm going to sell on ebay...lol, I might sell my aluminum pushrods & lifters too. I also have 6 aluminum roller blocks & some factory aluminum heads for sale! I wonder if the factory headers are aluminum? aluminum flywheel anyone? gotta find my magnet! ..lol

Reply to
winze

I tried a factory aluminium winshield once but could'nt see shit so I put the old one back in...

Reply to
Serge

That was the same problem I had with my aftermarket aluminum seats. They didn't feel good so I out the stock ones back in...

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

LOL...

Reply to
winze

You should have tried the billet aluminum windshield. Much thinner then the cheap pressed factory aluminum one and you can see right between the molecules.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

Around 7/27/2003 11:42 AM, AZGuy spake thusly:

Actually, he should have picked some of the *transparent* aluminum left over from the filming of Star Trek (3? 4? The "back in time/save the whales" one...). I hear that stuff is WAY stronger than glass or plexi.

:)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

For Sale:

Factory Billet Aluminum Brake Pads & Rotors, Well-maintained, and alwasy kept well lubricated. These should free up weight from those heavy rotors, and therefore let your wheel spin more easily, making for better acceleration.

These came off of my 97 Hatchback 2.3L GT Saleen Mustang Cobra R.

LOL.

Reply to
Doug Turner

Speaking of weight loss.......... Anyone interested in a slightly used factory aluminum 4:10 ring and pinion rearend gear set along with a pair of billet aluminum axles ? low,low,low mileage, always lubricated, removed due to traction problems, car was too light in the rear :-) These came from my "original factory 1997 Mustang 5.0 coupe"

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

I'll only take it if you can throw the parts into a factory aluminum 8.8 housing. That iron one just weighs way too much.

JS

Reply to
JS