Fastest Stock Mustang?

Is the 2000 Cobra R the fastest or are there otherS???

Want to buy the fastest stock Mustang on earth

Reply to
[SISSY]Hotstang

Go buy an '03 Cobra.

Reply to
Keith

But then again, you have to ask yourself, is a Saleen a "stock" Mustang? :)

Pager :)

Reply to
Page Nicholson

If Ford warranties it, it is.

Brad

Reply to
Brad

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:42:56 GMT, "[SISSY]Hotstang" wrote something wonderfully witty:

You can't afford the fastest Mustang on earth. Why is it so important anyways?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

He said STOCK

Kate

2000 | Cobra R or the 2003 cobra | | |
Reply to
SVTKate

Bullwash Stock, means off the assembly line... not after a detour to Saleen.

Kate

| > Pager :) | >

| | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Sorry, Kate. Technically Saleen is considered a manufacturer. So that means his Saleen Mustangs are consider "stock" Mustangs.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Let's get technical. Saleen doesn't sell a Mustang. They sell an S281 and an S281-E. Nowhere in the descriptions of these cars do they say Mustang, so by my interpretation...they're out of the running. lol

Reply to
Keith

Why do you assume he can not afford the fastest stock mustang?

Shane

Reply to
Shane Metzler

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote

Whoa. NoOp Patrick is THE LAST person I'd ever have expected to be this expansive about the definition of "stock." What about those "ringer" test cars from the '60's -- weren't they all the products of "manufacturers"? (Go ahead, anybody, Google search Author "NoOp" and Word "ringer" and see how many hits you get.) For that matter, isn't it your position that just adding slapper bars and slicks and rejetting and recurving takes a car out of stock? This looks like a full-on "gotcha" to me!

Yrs, 180 TS 28

Reply to
180 Out

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:01:55 -0400, "Shane Metzler" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Sorry it was a snide comment. I deliberately didn't state stock Mustang. I stated "fastest" Mustang based on an article I just read about a guy who put a bell helicopter jet engine in a Mustang. Asking price is 165K and he plans on building them for resale. There is also a jet bike that goes for 185k. Jay Leno has one.

As an aside I find posts like that one semi-annoying. Perhaps I know what I buy and why I want it and that's why. I am really interested in why he thinks he needs to have the "fastest" Mustang on earth when it can be a rather subjective term when you add in driver qualities.

Perhaps he just wants something for bragging rights. I got over that a long time ago.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

the word "stock" is slang when used in automotive terms. I believe the correct word is "original" ! ......just for fun look up the word stock.

Reply to
winze

On 22 Jul 2003 23:16:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@law.com (winze) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Moo

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Zomby,

That makes sense...now you have explained what you meant I understand where you were comming from...Jet engine on a stang huh? Could you post a link so I could read it...

Reply to
Shane Metzler

LOL, Now I wonder how the words "Stock Car" racing came to be?

Reply to
winze

Ahh, Saleen MAY be considered a "manufacturer", but they are not Ford - the car never left a Ford manufacturing plant in the condition it left Saleen's plant in.

Pager :)

Reply to
Page Nicholson

Hehehehehe, ROFLMAO - I didn't even think of it from that point :)

Pager :)

Reply to
Page Nicholson

From this months Mustang Monthly - 10 Fastest Mustangs - pp 24-28

Don't know where they got these numbers because I have seen published articles with quicker ET's - but - '03 Cobra - ET=13.12/109.58 published by Motor Trend

Pager :)

Reply to
Page Nicholson

I was thinkin' the '68 SCJ was the fastest?

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams