Ford giving me a new engine......?

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comm (WhyteStang) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m18.aol.com:

That would be great if you found the shop name. No rush, as I'm still short on $$. That section of Powerline's only about 20 minutes from me.

I used to go to Steeda also, but they're way out of my price range now. Parts aren't too bad, but to have them do anything costs way too much.

I've found the same as you - most of the smaller shops don't have a clue, and the dealers are only good for so much. BTW, which dealer do you go to? Don't tell me Sawgrass... ;)

Joe

Yea Steeda is the only place I trust, but as you said you need $$$. Plus everytime I go there they find other things I "need."

The shop is called Powerline Auto, 954-776-0130. Ask for Tony, tell him your a friend of Franklin and Chris. Real good guy.

I took my car to Maroone on Federal. Im havin a fun time now. Check out my post above "Replace PCM?? Help!!" This is the first time ive taken my car to a dealer and may be the last. But if the dealer doesnt know whats going on I dont know who will. Arggghh.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comm (WhyteStang) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com:

Thanks for the tip, Franklin. I'll give those guys a call maybe next month when a few $$ come in.

I used to take the LX to Plantation Ford; they always did me right. That's where I had the subframe connectors welded on - one of the guys did it for $40 on his lunch hour off the clock. Cash on the barrelhead. Did an awesome job, too. They rebuilt my AOD about 4 years ago - still running great. Of course, nowadays they've tightened up, no more lunchtime specials. I'm not saying they're the best dealer to go to, but I think they're pretty fair.

Joe