Getting rid of the smell...

Apparently the inside of my has a smell all of it's own. I suspect removing all the old pop bottles (especially the milkshake ones :P) will go a long way to sorting things out, but does anyone know of good products to seriously de-stink the inside of a car?

Reply to
Doki

Add the word car between "my" and "has". :P

Reply to
Doki

typo??? ass?

Reply to
Tom Burton

you could try Fabreze (on non leather upholstery and then a nutradol carpet powder left in for a few days (or hours) b4 vacuuming out.. (worked in my friends car after she left a pint of milk in it for a few weeks while she was away.. (it eventually blew the lid off and covered the inside of the car in stinking YUK!)..

HTH

Mark

Reply to
Lostin1999

Although apparently it can do strange things to headlining glue.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Febreze or Neutradol?

Reply to
Doki

Febreze is often mentioned in connection with sagging VAG headlinings

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Autoglym do an excellent product. Autofresh can be bought at any Halfords. It worked extremely well for me when my son had been sick inside the car. The spray leaves a very fresh,open-air sort of aroma.

Reply to
Raymond Berry

Mmm, aroma :P. I reckon I'll try cleaning out all the rubbish in the car, filling it with neutradol and then lobbing in half a pound of silica gel to make sure the inside's dry, seeing as I've already got that stuff. If it still stinks I'll be heading off to halfords.

Reply to
Doki

Oops !!!! My wife sprayed tons of it in the load area of my "new" Volvo 740 estate because the previous owner appeared to have kept a yeti back there. Must keep an eye on the headlining.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I remember a thread a few weeks back about a droopign headlining.. and the ways to repair thus

Well today i can present My mates way... damn cleaver too i thought

He'd got hold of a syringe, and a needle, the neighbour is a vet so i presume it was a vetinary thing, but looked as big as one of them inkjet refiller things you can buy....

anyway he was filling the syringe with glue, poking the relitivly fine needle thru the headlineng, expelling the contents of the syringe and sticking the headlining back......

one hed messed around for a while it looked as good as it did before it fell fell down....

Reply to
Tom Burton

Before you use something like febreze I would clean the car thoroughly and give the upholstery and linings a good wet clean. If you don't wet clean it you will be trying to mask the smell only. Remove the source first.

Reply to
Alan

What do you mean by wet clean? A couple of cans of that aerosol upholstery stuff or a proper wet vacuum cleaner thing?

Reply to
Doki