Ghetto Marketing by Ford

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:32:09 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

If they are generic "Ford" ads, then of course they are coming from corporate. Companies will brand themselves to specific market segments and that includes "Ghetto" types if the Marketing people show they are a demographic that has money and might buy the product.

I recently saw an Ad for the Shelby where they are off-loading one at the docks in Germany. The German Longshoreman says "What's a matter couldn't find a German car you liked?" The guy responds "No, I could find a speed limit I liked in America." Who knows if it will be effective.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

at 16 Sep 2006, ZombyWoof [ snipped-for-privacy@Zappa.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I saw that commercial. And I love it! Wish I could afford to buy a helby GT 500 and ship it to Germany so I could really let it enjoy itself on the autobahn. Not to mention letting me greatly enjoy myself. It'd be worth the $6 a gallon gas over there.

Haven't seen the ghetto F150 commercial yet and I hoep I won't. Does not sound like a commercial I would enjoy watching.

One of the best recent Ford commercials in my view is still the one for the 05 Mustang Convertible.

Reply to
Paul

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:07:04 -0500, "Kate" puked:

I'm bitching silently. They aren't getting my money.

lab~rat >:-)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:33:45 GMT, Joe puked:

It was the one where the son was in the car with his dad and laid down the pair of rubber strips. It was actually a pretty good ad...

lab~rat >:-)

"lab~rat >:-)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, that was a good one. Finally saw the one with the Shelby on the Autobahn (or wherever). Real nice.

Seems like the truck group has a different ad agency than the car group. If the truck group is going down the 'Flash Yo Grillz' path, then you can kiss any credibility associated with the F-series goodbye. One more nail in Ford's coffin.

Reply to
Joe