Re: Jeep thing or sheep thing?

> Lately, I hear many people who own Jeeps spouting out this phrase: > >

> > TRANSLATION --> "i suffer from jeep-envy". > > > -- > Nathan W. Collier > '03 Jeep Rubicon > Jeep and let Jeep > >

David Keen

They are probably too high class to participate in a thread like this. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Gee all the really stupid stunts I have seen off road were performed by alcohol or stupidity-laced straight people

Reply to
Donny Osmond

They'd get their nails dirty and mess up their hair ?

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Oh but 'tis so.

That's why II Timothy 2:15 says "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing ["rightly cutting" as in delicate surgery] the word of truth". That way, you know what's what and aren't dependent on any man to tell you

*his* interpretation. You check it out first-hand.

Or as The Who sang: "We won't get fooled again!...". 8^)

Bill Putney

Oh, so there was no surplus ?

Oh, so there was a surplus ?

Right... back to neo-conservative values. Spend money, just spend it all where the neo-Republicans make some money.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Actually there was no surplus. Clinton used the SS surplus to offset the deficits, which is against the law he signed. But nobody ever expected Clinton to obey the law. After perjury, obstruction of justice and witness tampering, who cares about a little congressional budget loophole.

And will for many years.

Reply to
DTJ

Why? I'm not an isolationist, but with the current military, the entire rest of the world could combine forces and attempt to invade the US and would fail. Why do we need more?

It seems the conservatives want to spend to have a military capable of invading the rest of the planet, but not use them. The liberals want a military sufficient to only defend this country, then send them overseas to fight someone else's battles.

Marc For email, remove the first "y" of "whineryy"

Reply to
Marc

Really ? You might want to look into what Ronald Reagan did then. SS has been offsetting the budget deficit for years, as has both the original Airline Trust Fund and it's replacement. You really should study a little more.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Well, because there's big money to be made by folks that traditionally support the Republican Party, of course :-)

That might have been true in the distant past, no longer. It's the conservatives that want to send our troops everywhere to rearrange the world. Just to cite the latest example: Bush was supposed to be the President who would stop us from being the "world's policeman".

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob