Goodbye...

To the Mustang that is. My 89 GT has been sold. For a measly $3200. Once again, I have sold my current Mustang to my wife's little brother.

I don't drive it anymore, damn near everything on it is brand new. Figure someone needs to get some use out of it. All he has is a motorcycle and drives a pretty good distance from college to home on a fairly often basis. So now he has something for rainy days. I gave him the huge family discount, as the price he is paying is a good chunk below what I was asking. Aww shucks, I didn't need all that spare cash anyways. I can now pay off a loan that has been slowly depleting my blood supply over the last month or so.

The only thing that kills me is that the last one I sold him no longer runs and is sitting in the backyard at the in-laws house.

In other news, I was getting rid of the CV (work car) and looking for an Impala. Well God spoke, or rather turned my head a week ago and MADE me see a 2001 ex-SSV Expedition. So I bought it that day. I have managed to keep it a Ford Family driveway. However, due to the current vehicle selection in my driveway I am definitely doing my part to end the environment. I also have the 05 Excursion.

I keep expecting the Sierra Club to paint ball my house.

Hope all is well with the old-timers in here...and everyone else.

Don Manning

Reply to
Don Manning

I may be in the same boat soon. I've gotten where I rarely drive my Mustang, but I must say that when I do it is exciting.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Whenever you feel like a ride, just call. I have the '71 running now.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

"Don Manning" wrote in news:O40rg.127087$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Why not get the old one back and fix it up? What year? Model?

Reply to
elaich

Let me know when you're ready to dive back in. I've got that '93 GT convertible for a special RAMFM price.

:()

Reply to
dwight

That really isn't fair. The wife would love to have a convertible. She would most likely drive it instead of the Excursion! Until it was time to load kids up.

Have to think on this one for a bit.

Don Manning

Reply to
Don Manning

Funny. I was on vacation last week and was thinking about all of the work I've done on my '72 mach1(and what I have left). I was realizing that in 7 years, my oldest will start college and I'll probably have to sell it to get money together for tuition. The thought almost made me cry. I hope there's an alternative, or maybe he might get a scholarship (the kid's only received one "B" up through 5th grade, the rest "A's"). Hope he keeps it up. (Must get it from his Mom). Dave

Reply to
nospam