GOODBYE RAMFM! was nice knowin ya!- SVTkate you know what I mean

Well, Kristin has some competetion now....

Nicole the blonde car killer made some modifications to my pony

Good news is that SHE is okay, and it was the other driver's fault.

Still doesn't do anything for my 10 year old 60,000 mile GT that is sitting in the junkyard :(

I have yet to find out what the ins co is going to give me, but no matter what it is I'm not in a position to buy another pony at this time. And I KNOW I wont find another 94 this clean..

I guess I'll just go without a pony until the 06 ?? ragtops come out... maybe I can afford one again by then.

Till then, I'm sporting around in my 95 F150 :)

(well, at least it's a FORD!!!)

Reply to
chief_wiggum

That sucks!!! What the hell happened, dude?

"chief_wiggum" a écrit dans le message de news:Uh80c.3869$506.3524@fed1read05...

Reply to
elmo
**
**
**
** ** Good news is that SHE is okay, and it was the other driver's fault. ** ** Still doesn't do anything for my 10 year old 60,000 mile GT that is sitting ** in the junkyard :(

Damn, Chief! That is painful to look at. It's so clean that it looks like you just drove it off the showroom floor. At least it kept your daughter safe, which is the best you can hope for I guess.

(Shuddering.) This almost makes me want to leave Charlene in the garage permanently. There are some pretty bad drivers around here; just a few years ago, an old man ran over and killed a motorcycle cop just up the street.

I see 5+ freeway wrecks every day on the way to work. We just had an idiot with a suspended license speeding in an overloaded Ryder straight truck, fly through the freeway median barrier and oleanders into oncoming traffic. Killed a minivan driver instantly. It makes me wonder when Charlene's number will be up.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

Yeah, it's called salvage value.

Reply to
John

Although I can't see the damage to the drivers side, I would most definately consider buying it back from the insurance company and putting in back together. It appears to be an EXTREMELY clean yellow convertible, very nice car indeed.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Ohhh CW.. honey I am SO SORRY!!!!! I'm glad your daughter is ok, but man... it's a yellow one too, my favorite color!

I'm just sick for ya hon.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

What in Billy Bob Hell is going on with you SVTKate! What's with the Southern talk? Please retain some of that lovely California attitude for a bit longer! Please don't go southern so fast!

And CW, congrats that your Daughter survived the stupid driver. I feel for you on the loss of the car.

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

Watch it buddy!!!! Nothing wrong with a little southern talk! Keep up the good work Kate ;)

Erik D. '94 white lightning(soon to have gun rack on back window)

BTW, Chief, sorry to hear about your loss, but it could be much worse. The car is just a car, it can be repaired or trashed, but lives can't be.

Reply to
Erik D.

Actually... I've ALWAYS been a country girl... didn't know I had changed any LOL

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:05:07 -0800, V'ger wrote something wonderfully witty:

Agreed. The car in the pic looks like it came right off the showroom floor (well prior to the accident anyways). I'm actually surprised to hear that the Ins co totaled it. If they have totaled it I would see if they would give you first right of refusal.

Buying them back from the Ins companies isn't as easy as it used to be though. A lot of them have blanket agreements with junkyards for disposal at prenegotiated prices.

I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Thanks for all the kind words folks..

Of course the most important thing is that my daughter escaped injury. The only thing she complained about was she got some "rugburn" from the airbag.

After that though, it's tough to look at the car. I never realized how attached I was to the thing till now! I mean, of course I knew I loved the car, but I didn't think that I would feel so strongly about it...

I may investigate buying it back from the ins co. I never really thought about that, but it would be kind of a fun project anyway, and maybe a way to "resurrect" it!

the thing is I have no idea how that works.... Will they have a number ? or is it up to me to make an offer ?? I've had people tell me stories all the way from The ins co just let them have it, to I had to pay $3,000 for it (various different cars).

Any suggestions on how to maximize the settlement amount ? I'm not looking to rip them off, but in my mine they should give me enough to buy a similar car in similar condition, including tax, etc.. In the end it will be the other lady's ins co that pays, I believe so my ins co should be in my corner I would think..

Well, I guess I should find out more info tomorrow after I talk with the adjuster again..

Reply to
chief_wiggum

My recommendation:

Come up with a figure that you want for the car, this would be what you would have wanted for it if you would have sold it. Tell the insurance adjuster you had absolutely no intention on selling the car, but if you would have you would have only sold it for your price. Based on my experience, they'll make an offer that is ridiculously low. Tell them no unless you are satisfied. If you have to, ask to speak with a supervisor and explain the situation. Try to be firm on your price, but don't be an asshole about it to the insurance company either. It's tough but if you can be nice about it in a firm way they usually give you what you want. After you have reached a settlement, then they should give you the option to buy back, but they might not tell you so make sure you ask, they'll usually set a pretty decent price. When someone totaled my '91 5.0, the insurance offered me 3000 dollars for the car at first. I said hell no but in a nice way. I made sure and explained to the adjuster that I had absolutely no intentions of getting rid of the car and I would not accept anything less than 5500 for the car('91, AOD with 120,000 miles in perfect condition) The adjuster said that there was absolutely no way he could do that, but he asked if I wanted to talk to his supervisor. I talked to the supervisor for maybe

5 minutes about my car, and explained my situation. He went and looked at the car himself and then called me back. He said after looking at the car he realized why I didn't want to settle for 3,000 so his offer was that he'd give me 6100 for the car and sell it back to me for 600 since I wanted 5500. I greatfully accepted that offer. The main advice I can give you is just be nice about it, but at the same time don't settle for pennies. Good luck, I wish you the best. Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

Let the car go! Save your money and buy a new one! It's not worth the hassle in my humble but informed opinion!

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

yeah, doesn't look like it's much more than body work. Then again, this could be a plot from the insurance company to low-ball him on what it was worth.

Mightier than the sword?.

Rein

Damn man... glad everybody is okay, but that really sucks a/b your car man :(. I'd die if my 98 GT was wrecked.... can't stand the mere thought of it. Anyway... don't leave the newsgroup! You can still participate in this NG even w/out your Mustang... although I think other ppls suggestions of buying your car back isn't exactly a bad idea at all. I'd probably do it. There is no way I could part with my 98 GT. Whatever choice you make, I wish you best of luck w/ it.

-Mike Dark Green 98 Mustang GT

Reply to
<memset

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:13:17 -0800, "chief_wiggum" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I would approach it this way. If you know any body guys ask them to give you an off-the-books estimate on fixing her up. A lot of body places do off the book work on nights & weekends as they get around to it. Then find out what the insurance co is going to give you for her. Use what ever NADA guides shows you as high retail as a starting point. After they make you a settlement offer ask them what they want for it as salvage buy back.

Another thing you can do if they low-ball you to much is tell them to replace the car. Same year, condition & milage.

Right now I am looking at a `94 coupe with 78K on the clock. No where near as nice as yours looks in the pics and the current owner is asking $7200 for it. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:06:10 -0700, Rein wrote something wonderfully witty:

Based on my experience the low-ball game is a given with the insurance robbers. The one thing he can do is demand they replace the car with one in same pre-accident condition & milage. This usually scares the shit out of the low-ballers. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Its a sad day to see another stang die, but at least she did her job of keeping your family safe. Remember that is the most important thing...A car is replaceable but a life is not...Sorry to hear about it. FWIW...When I totaled my 99 Cougar the ins wanted a payback of 1500...

Reply to
Shane Metzler

One of the reasons that the insurance company likes to total cars with otherwise repairable damage is the ridiculously high price to replace the air bags. It might well be worth the trouble to buy the car back and have it repaired, less the bags, and put it back into service. Just remember to wear the seat belts.

Reply to
Ironrod