GT-500s In Top Gear

This is an interesting clip.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Funny how he missed that the hp rating is not rear wheel horsepower but flywheel hp with accessories attached. It made 447 rwh or approximately

525 flywheel horsepower. Is he really that clueless or just that biased aga> This is an interesting clip.
Reply to
Michael Johnson

Biased and stuck up. The one where they look at the Caddi CTS-V and put it on a track with an Audi and the Audi was incapable of passing the Caddi, he *still* had to find snitty things to complain about. They just can not accept an American car.

Reply to
WindsorFox

come on, the Mustang is a brute to drive, that's why us Americans like to drive them.

Reply to
Dear Leader

Exactly. He said that he owns the vintage Mustang he drove in that video. All the things he liked about his Mustang the GT500 has in spades. The guy is a twit.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Yes, Top Gear is extremely biased! In some shows, it's almost sickening. (If I was in their studio audience, I'd get tossed because I would be speaking up and correcting their dumb comments.) One of their worst episodes was a test pitting the new Vette against, I think a Lotus and a Porshe. They dinged the Vette hard about its plain interior and soft plastic bumpers but failed to mention the Vette was about $40K cheaper than the other two. And didn't remind everyone that the Vette more than held its own on the track.

But the good thing about TV, you can always mute the sound. :-)

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Seems to me I recall a track test of the "new" mustang a couple years back where they tested it against some "more refined" cars and while it lost a bit in the turns it more then made up for it in the straights and beat most, if not, all of them in lap times.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Then there was the Mustang (S197) aginst the Mustang (quadruped) at Willow Springs and thereabouts. Guess which one received the accolades ...

Reply to
Frank ess

That's the one that they thought they were in a GT but it was a six banger. Brilliant!

Reply to
GILL

I've seen that segment. IMO, they didn't do quite the hatchet job on the GT like they did on the GT500.

Reply to
Michael Johnson