headers on a 98 gt?

I have a Mac offroad x-pipe on my 98 gt and I'm looking into which headers I want to get. I also will be adding a supercharger in a year or so, so I want to make sure that the headers wont crack with that addition. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Danny Caruso

It'll be a waste of time unless you do longtubes. I've got FRPP shorty headers and by all accounts they're no better than stock. Sometime in the future, when I gather the courage to dig into it again, I'll change over to longtubes. Brands? --> Mac, BBK, Hooker, SLP, Edelbrock (maybe - should be soon if not yet). If you're looking to reuse your existing X pipe, longtubes won't work. At the same time, if you want to reuse your X pipe, don't waste the time and spill the blood to change from the stock manifolds. It really is not worth it.

Reply to
Keith