Hey Patrick - Here's a NoOp for you!

If that doesn't work, it's ebay number 280546033612, and it's in FL.

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

amazing how good the interior looks, fla should have salt dammage to underbody etc

one could put another 100,000 miles on it, only problem should be some rubber parts and the alternator should be upgraded, the stock burns its plug off eventually

Reply to
Fram Formz

Steve,

That is a nice little coupe! I like it!! However, I already have a new no-op car on order.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Now that I'm without a toy, I've been keeping my eye out for something interesting. However I'm happy with AC and power options.

It's a little more than it would be worth to me, but seems like a nice deal. Add 30K miles, and drop a couple of thousand $$$, make it local and I'd take a look though.

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Are you looking for a daily driver or an additional vehicle you can tinker on? What's your price point?

The Foxes are getting hard to find these days. And those in good condition are few and far between. What else would you be interested in?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

I've got a daily driver. Picked up a new Rav4 V6 in December. Not sure - probably in the $4-$5k range, but I'm in no hurry. I actually like having my garage back.

Pretty much any muscle cars - don't care as much about originality as I'd be looking for something I could race occasionally. Buicks are at the top. I also love the 65 Comet Cyclones. There's one locally on ebay that went up to $8950 and didn't meet the reserve. It was relisted with a BiN of $8995. It's almost too nice and original though, plus more money than I'd look to spend.

I'm amazed at how much people want for crap on Craigslist these days. I screwed up a couple of years ago by not buying a one-owner 1974 Apollo (Nova) for $1750. If I didn't have the Skylark at the time, I would have likely grabbed it.

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

:

Steve,

Geeze, a 1-owner '74?!

The later 70's/early 80s cars are getting popular with the hot rod crowd. First-generation muscle, in good condition, you always get caught up in losing originality. But the later 70's/early 80's car are mostly free of that concern -- you can hack/chop if you want.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

te:

Yep - I even stopped by and took a quick peek at it when I was visiting a friend in the area. It just wasn't a good time for me to buy as I had a far from finished car already taking up the garage. It still had the old lady fuzzy steering wheel cover on it - her son was selling it, and he is older than I am. I was amazed to watch it drop from around $2500 to $1750. I was making excuses, thinking it would drop even further. I had the money in the bank too and could have just paid cash.

There's a 65 GS here locally for $5600. It's probably a steal at the price, but not really the year that I prefer. Plus it's original and wouldn't be the best choice for beating at the track.

There aren't really any late 70's/early 80's cars I like. Of course there was a time that anything after 72 was disposable. Times change.

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve