The BOSS is Back!

can see that dual exhaust exit thing.

Reply to
GILL

't really care for the Laguna Seca color scheme.

Reply to
GILL

I don't like the stripe colored roof. The faking of a fog light delete is another cosmetic objection. Now if they are just dark appearing lenses that simply hide working fog lights then I'm ok with it.

Other than that I like the blue metalic with the white stripes. Not so keen on premium fuel only, but that's rather minor.

Everything else sounds good to me.

Now the question is price, when, and will it be on dealer allocation? Sounds like the L-S one will be for certain but the regular boss 302 package seems to be a build to demand given the language of the ford materials. Although it might end up like the bullitts with dealers demanding a surcharge.

Reply to
Brent

Gorgeous!

Nits to pick: I think the roof and rear spoiler need to be painted body color.

Interesting notes:

11 pounds of sound deadening removed. Too bad they wouldn't have added those 11 pounds to the standard GT. I wonder if I'll be able to find those 11 pounds, and be able to remove them.

Rear seat delete. Nice! A shame they don't offer that on the standard GT.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Oh, and GM... where's the [new] Z/28? We want to see a Boss 302 vs Z/

28 rematch!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

GILL wrote in news:i43qj0$dv$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

Can't they do a little work on the body, to differentiate it from the rest of the Stangs? This is almost as cynical as the Bullet cars were, green paint and not much else. But, the orange-black motif looked good, I have to say. Also, that frame siffener under the hood, is that functional or just for show? It looks completely insubstantial.

Reply to
Rich

What would you suggest? It has to look like a Mustang. And the "tuners" Saleen, Roush, Steeda, ect. -- have pushed the body kit upgrades about as far as can be done tastefully. Then you have to make it recall the look of the original Boss 302 cars, so they/Ford didn't have a lot of wiggle room.

Patrick

=A0But, the orange-black motif looked good, I have

Reply to
NoOp

The '69 Boss 302 was actually more plain than a mach 1. No hood scoop, no side scoops, no hood pins, no reflective body stripe...

I really wish ford had left the 2012 Boss 302 roof body color. I suppose since my choice of color (of those offered) would be the metallic blue the white roof will keep the car cooler in summer.

I'm sold on the Boss 302, It is really what I want, more handling, more braking, horsepower > 400. The only questions are can I wait, and will local dealers not anger me with surcharges. The regular Boss 302 looks like it shouldn't be difficult to get, the L-S version getting all the exclusive attention.

Reply to
Brent

I agree. I also wish that of the rear spoiler too.

Cooler in summer -- never thought of that.

I'm with you! You can pick a few nits, but overall Ford did an outstanding job.

The only questions are can I wait, and will

If you're looking to be the first on the block, I'm sure you'll pay dearly. However, if you can be patient (maybe wait a model year or two) and play hardball I'm sure you'll be able to score a deal. Case in point: When I wanted to order my '11 GT I had one dealer who wouldn't negotiate with me with the price I was willing to pay. They simply denied my offer -- no counter offer, nothing, so I found a dealer who gave me the deal I wanted. I know the [new] Boss is going to be more exclusive, but I say be patient and you'll get what you want/at a price you'll be happy with.

Personally, I wish they offer the L-S [options/or lack of] with the look of the standard Boss.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

I heard, (from an unsubstantiated source) that there is more to be revealed about the L-S. Anyone know for sure? Or guesses? Paddles?

Reply to
Gill

NoOp wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

Well, not a tuner-type change. Stay true to the form. How about a scoop like the 429 Boss had? My Mach-1 has the shaker at least. Unless they are patterning it after the 302. But something new, different, but fitting the form would be good too.

Reply to
Rich

snipped-for-privacy@s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

They are patterning after the old Boss 302; hence the name Boss 302.

A Boss '09 style scoop wouldn't fit the image. If anything, (as Brent previously mentioned a shaker hood was available on the 1970 Boss 302) a shaker would be appropriate.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

innews: snipped-for-privacy@s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

They are patterning after the '69 with the stripe, so no scoops ;)

Reply to
Brent