Ho hum...

Is it winter break already?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote in news:Fpydnb8zKeEEf_HYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Soon. I'm in holiday mode from now until January. Drinks all around.

Reply to
Joe

Nope. During the two weeks or so of Christmas break is when I change my oil.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Yes, it is. 7 inches of snow plus ice laying on the ground right now.

On a good note, this was the first chance I have had to drive the Excursion and Expedition in bad conditions. I am extremely pleased with the Excursion. For a big fat pig, she handles like a dream. I am sure it is due to the heavy weight. The Expedition is definitely lighter, but does pretty good as well. Of course, it isn't a Mustang, and I am glad for that.

I saw 4 Mustangs stuck with no drivers around last night.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

They probably got randomly tazered and drug away for no reason at all :^O

Reply to
GILL

Yup, had to go out and buy a Rebel XTI just to have something to play with. :-)

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

DUDE! Congratulations! Now any upgrade money you have will go toward new lenses.

Let me know if you want to try out a couple - I've got the 70-300 with IS and the sweet (and really cheap) 50mm f/1.8. Looks like the next one's going to have to be ultrawide angle.

:()

Reply to
dwight

WhatEVER you do, when the wife asks whyyyyyyyy do you need a wide angle lens, do NOT say "so I can take pictures of you, dear." Someone I know did that with out even realizing what he'd done. It wasn't a pretty sight....

Reply to
WindsorFox

SHE and I went on vacation to the Finger Lakes this summer, daughter joined us there for a few days. When we got back, they wanted to see the photos I'd taken, so I showed them about 200 pictures of various boats and Jet Skis, vineyards and hillsides, moon rises and sunsets, and about 100 pictures of our dog swimming in the lake. They asked where were all the pictures of THEM, and what could I say?

Neither one of my girls lets me take their pictures, so how can they be annoyed when I don't?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

My wife won't put up with her pic being taken so I've become adept at taking candid shots. I bought a 75-300 EF mount from KEH..com and am quite pleased with it. Other than that I have the standard 18-55mm zoom kit lense. Next on the list is the 100mm macro. And I now dream about the L series glass :-)

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Keep dreamin'. What's the price of admission there - $1,500 or so?

There must be some place local that rents them out...

Seriously, that 50mm f/1.8 is a "best buy" at only $80.00. Tack sharp with a great depth of field. You can focus on a hair... or the one next to it. It's now my normal walkabout lens.

Of course, a 200mm L is on my Christmas wish list, but ... yeah, good luck.

:()

Reply to
dwight

I've found some of the Sigma EX lens to be very good performers without the price of an L lens.... In particular my Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO HSM EX... it is my main work horse lens...

Reply to
John S.