Holley 4160 on my 351 Q

Do you have to plug the vacuum ports before setting the fast idle? (But why would you, as you have to gun the throttle to expose the nut under the choke, so it can't be running, can it???) I can't seem to set the damn thing!

Help is appreciated!

Thanks

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

Yes, all the vacuum ports need to be capped.... otherwise fuel emulsification can be disturbed. I don't recall having to gun the throttle to reach the adjustment screw. With the motor off and the choke closed, bring the screw up so that throttle plates are open slightly wider than the base idle setting and work up from there.

Base idle speed and mixture must be set correctly before fast idle speed is adjusted.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks

Brad

Reply to