Hurricanes Really Blow, Literally

He gets to eat all the clover on my lawn that he wants.

:()

Reply to
dwight

"Spike" wrote

: ask her about the plans for the driveway.... : )

YOU just need to pipe down RIGHT NOW boy!

I swear, I will have your mangy ass out here helping if you aren't careful.

Reply to
SVTKate

"dwight" wrote

: > Kate : : DAMN, you guys do nice work. Hey - Jean's been talking about replacing the : wood patio deck with a stone patio... I don't suppose you work in stone as : well as brick, do you?

Yup! But bricks are much easier. You MIGHT want to consider stamped and stained concrete. Looks like stone, much nicer surface. We were going to put natural stone in there first, but had a terrible thing happen. We discovered that the material they sold us to go under the stones turned to pudding when it got wet. We had to rip them all out and start over.

was a LOT of damn heavy lifting and hard work.Luckily it was before we put the mortar in. I decided since we were going to put a table out there that I wanted a smoother surface than the natural stone. So the chairs would sit flat. :I'd like a 25-foot stepped waterfall along the left edge, if you can swing it.

Oh yea, that should be pretty straight forward, except for the digging, running the electrical and moving the stones that is! A good place for stones is NOT your local landscaping outfit, but rather a quarry. The stones you saw in that photo, were under $20 If you bought them at a nursery they would be a lot more than that, I had put in rock gardens earlier in the year, wanted the stones to tie it all in.

I'll figure it out though.

: Here's a photo page of the reclamation project: :

I really like the way your work is progressing, The flowers you have found are beautiful It would be a shame to get rid of them. Maybe replant them alongside the waterfall when you put it in. The berries... not for me thanks. Snakes hide in berry bushes and they run amok (bushes, not snakes) so quickly.

: : I have nowhere near 10 acres (okay, roughly 1/20th of that), but I still : wonder what to do with all the crap I'm pulling out of the "garden". I'll : have to check into open burning. Failing that, I may have to buy a : chipper/shredder. :

We need one too. It's all about the bottom line though. Money money money. AND I need a tiller and a spreader and a bigger bush hog and a quad and......

: dwight : :

Reply to
SVTKate

Hmm... I have a friend in Canada who is trying to put her groundhog on a lead diet.

: >> I have nowhere near 10 acres (okay, roughly 1/20th of that), but I still : >> wonder what to do with all the crap I'm pulling out of the "garden". I'll : >> have to check into open burning. Failing that, I may have to buy a : >> chipper/shredder. : >>

: >> dwight : >>

: >

: >

: > So, whaddaya feed yer groundhog?? : : He gets to eat all the clover on my lawn that he wants. : ::() : :

Reply to
SVTKate

Did I mention the lawn jockey and pink flamingos?

neener neener neenerrrrrrrr : )

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

Many, many moons ago when I was teen age ladd I was at the 30th street station in Philly using the rest room. While standing at the urinal I got my ass grabbed by another fellow. Poor bastard didn't see my brother walk in behind him. When we left he was still spitting out piss water.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

My dad was on liberty in San Francisco, back right after WWII I guess, when one followed him all over the place. Next to the Greyhound bust station was an alley. Dad went down the alley (it was night) and when the guy followed him into the alley... WHAM!!! BIFF!!!! SOCK!!! POWEE!!! and dad left the alley to go catch his bus to get back to his duty station. Unfortunately, the guy staggered out of the alley all torn up and bloodied, screaming like a banshee, right into the arms of the Shore Patrol. Needless to say, pop didn't catch his bus. So, he called his duty station and his CO drove down the coast to get him out. Meanwhile, the cops cut him loose and put him on a bus. So, he got in trouble for the "fight", and for not being in jail when his CO got there to bail him out. Something about scrubbing jeeps with a toothbrush and painting the flagpole. In Syracuse, NY, back around

1966, roll>Many, many moons ago when I was teen age ladd I was at the 30th street

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

And Spike is going to be my own little cabana boy. He will be the one out there primping my Stang wearing nuthin but a smile.

: >"Spike" wrote : >

: >: ask her about the plans for the driveway.... : ) : >

: >

: >YOU just need to pipe down RIGHT NOW boy! : >

: >I swear, I will have your mangy ass out here helping if you aren't careful. : >

: : Spike : 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok : Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 : 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial : 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video. : : "When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, : I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." : -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
SVTKate

It was 99, that was my typo bad but I wasn't in Okie at the time. I was in Kansas so by the time that the Okie system got to us it gave us an F-4. Not fun at all sitting in a house with no cellar and a massive collection of katanas on the walls.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is a mental image!!

: >

: >

: >: >"Spike" wrote : >: >

: >: >: ask her about the plans for the driveway.... : ) : >: >

: >: >

[...]

:::burp::::

too late

EHM...

It's MUSTANG EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: >

: >Now THAT is a mental image!! : >

: >

: >

: >

: >: >

: >: >

: >: >: >"Spike" wrote : >: >: >

: >: >: >: ask her about the plans for the driveway.... : ) : >: >: >

: >: >: >

[...]

I need to get a quote on outlining my flower beds...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

Kate's Garden Supply

crayon is .22 per linear foot chalk is .07 per linear foot

plus labor... $37.50 per hour $39.75 per hour if ya watch $129.95 per hour if ya help $373.50 per hour if you complain about anything

alternate labor $47.50 per hour if Kate just supervises

Gonna getcha that brick driveway AND the supercharger : )

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

: > : ask her about the plans for the driveway.... : ) : >

: >

: > YOU just need to pipe down RIGHT NOW boy! : >

: > I swear, I will have your mangy ass out here helping if you aren't careful. : >

: >

: : I need to get a quote on outlining my flower beds...

Kinda like this?

are you going to do a mow strip?That would be hekka cool.

Reply to
SVTKate

Exactly, except a lot more simple, just a simple line of bricks half buried and set at about 50 degrees. :-D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]