Hyundai Poised To Create a Monster

Hyundai has released a bunch of upgrades for the 2012 Genesis sedan,
but an all-wheel-drive version is still missing. It looks like Hyundai
is not going to offer an all-wheel-drive Genesis until the next-
generation model arrives for the 2014 model year.
Hyundai's CEO John Krafcik has stated that the Genesis sedan and coupe
as well as the Equus would eventually all be offered with all-wheel-
drive. Since the AWD system has been delayed until the next-generation
Genesis, it's safe to assume that neither the Equus or Genesis coupe
will get AWD versions until the next-generation platform is released.
For the 2012 model year, the Genesis gets an upgraded 3.8L V6 that now
puts out 333 horsepower. The exterior has been updated with a new
front fascia and new alloy wheels. There is also a new top trim model,
the R-Spec, which is powered by an all-new direct-injected 5.0L V8.
The R-Spec Genesis puts out 429 horsepower and gets a new eight-speed
transmission.
-----
AWD, 5L direct injection V8 and 8-speed transmission you can see all
the pieces coming together to create a challenger for the Nissan GTR,
Corvette, Shelby, etc.
Patrick
Reply to
NoOp
They were supposed to do that years ago with the Shark, but never did, and Nissan has never officially sold the GT-R here, so it should be interesting.
Reply to
WindsorFo
Didn't know that. Last I remember reading about them the only ones here were imported. I havn't kept up with a lot of this stuff like I did 10+ years ago.
Reply to
WindsorFo

Site Timeline Threads