Monster garage

After a couple of months of delays I just stumbled on the VW Monster Garage on Discovery HD and wow, I enjoyed every second of it. Of course HD on a 60" sony helped but my heart got pumping hard on those 10 sec runs filmed inside the 51 split. Cool stuff. See it if you can.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

href="

">Den's

Yeah, that was a really cool show - I should have taped it but will next time it is on. They must have done a fair amount of body work, because that bug was in bad shape. I was sweating along with them when they had that bearing seize up close to the deadline.

Remco

Reply to
remco

long time lurker here...

i thought it wasa good show also- i liked that they kept it rust colored..

i would liked to have seen a bit more detail- but they have to gloss over alot as usual...

to get that speed in a week was cool- my good friend here in AZ. has a ghia that runs 10.5' (it actually made hotvw's- Gearloose Ghia' , yellow and white Bruce Brimhall builder/owner) with about 20 psi of boost and a 4 barrel draw-through setup. it took a couple years but it made it- sort of topped out now and for sale last i heard.

i'll be gettin' another vw in a year or so- for fun and maybe for the daghters first car- we'll see...

carry one and may your valves not tighten and you oil light not flicker...

jesse d

Reply to
jdowling

I kinda like them all when someone has a plan and it works......

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik