In the Ballpark?

I am ready to make my first major mods to an 00 GT. I am looking to have installed Flowmaster mufflers, BBK x-pipe cat-baks, and some subframe connectors. The total price I was quoted from the local speed shop for installation was $1250. Is this reasonable or should I being looking to find another garage? Also, is it better to have the subframes bolted or welded?

John V.

Reply to
John Verdi

I don't know about that price... seems kinda high.. but I've never looked closely at cat-back prices. What subframe connectors you choose is VERY imported.. I'd go with Steeda or another reputable kind.. and always welded, not bolted on.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

X pipes generally work/sound better with straight thru mufflers, the flowmasters will work/sound better with a H pipe.

Reply to
winze

Reply to
cobra boy

John V.,

$1250 for that? They're gouging you. An X-pipe is easy to install, with a lift, it's a do-it-yourselfer. I'd look elsewhere.

There's only one option. Get 'em welded in.

Personally, I'd check out a place like Midas to have them do the entire job. The subframes shouldn't cost more that 75-100 bucks, tops. The exhaust work maybe a couple hundred.

Good luck.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I'm not sure on the exhaust as I have never bought it new. As far as the subframes make sure you get good ones. I bought kenny brown's and I was dissapointed. The only ones I have seen and liked alot are global west and maximum motorsports and custom made ones. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Flowmasters can be had on eBay for $100 for both mufflers.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Not in a catback system they can't.