Insurance time!

Any Canadians in Ontario out there with a decent reasonable insurer? Quotes for my Mach-1 so far have ranged from $5000-$8500, primarily because of where I live (Toronto). BTW; Those prices are with a clean record.

Reply to
RichA

Kinda depends on your age Rich, from those quotes I kinda think your under

  1. That being the case, you'll get no breaks from any insurer in Ont.

However, if you ARE over 25 give Zehr's Insurance in New Hamburg (near Kitchener) a call , talk to John Smith.

Reply to
Jafo

I'm just curious what everyone's paying here. How 'bout it?

I'm not in a big city, clean record, Full coverage, low deductible: $550 per year.

'98 Mustang - 3.8 - 5 Speed

Reply to
Sunset Sam

Yes, I'm over 25, thankfully. Otherwise the cost would make the actual cost of the car pale by comparison. Thanks!

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

Older cars are much cheaper to insure than new ones. For instance; A mid-1990s Mustang would run about $2500. They break down the costs of insurance on the forms, sometimes the actual costs don't agree with the stories the tell you. Some of them claim injury is the most significant factor in the cost of insurance, but if that were true, why would older, much less safe (no airbags, no ABS, traction control, etc) cars be insurable for so much less?

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

My '05 GT added $368/year to my policy. I have USAA. It may help that I'm 60 years old!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
John H

a year ? holy crap... even in us dollars that is extreme.

Rein

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:30:16 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Sunset Sam) wrote something wonderfully witty:

`02 Astro Van Driven by 49yo female clean record `02 S-10 Pickup Driven by a 21yo female of questionable record `01 Mustang Drop-Top Driven by a 17yo Female clean record `05 F-150 STC Driven by 49yo clean record

The whopping total $337 a month. That's right boys & girls monthly insurance is actually a car payment.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

ZW, where the hell do you live? Podunk, Idaho? That's insanely low.

Joe

On 11 Feb 2005 00:20:36 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

Dude that is over 4-grand a year. I live near Norfolk Va.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Reply to
Lonnie

Norwalk, Connecticut (~40 mi. from NYC) in 1991.

1985 VW GTI, full coverage, $1000 ded. 7 pts. on my license at 19 yo.

$5900 / year

changing to the best available rate after last ticket took it down to

$4600 / year, with a $5M umbrella policy as a stipulation

Anyone beat that on one car?

Burn, Hartford, Burn.

Reply to
Wound Up

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

deductible:

monthly

For four vehicles, two of which are driven by what I'd imagine would be high risks, that's damn good. What kind of coverage/deductibles?

Joe

On 11 Feb 2005 03:22:21 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

100K/300k with a $250 deductible all around.
Reply to
ZombyWoof

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's damn good. Any houses for sale up there? ;)

Joe

On 11 Feb 2005 13:33:08 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

Oui but of course. Pretty good area to live in as well. We are pretty much protected from unemployment issues here as we have been pretty much fully employed the entire time I've been here. Makes it hard to get people to work for you when the unemployment rate is 2% which is actually below the natural unemployment level. What is it that you do to bring in the bacon?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

coverage/deductibles?

Sr. Programmer/Analyst for a major player in auto dealership software. I'm trying to get the company to let me work from home all the time (currently I do 2 or 3 days from home a week) so I can move anywhere I want. We're thinking of making a move in about 3 years or so - when the last "dependent" moves out.

Joe

On 11 Feb 2005 16:00:02 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

Just because the dependent go, it doesn't make them independent. Just found out the youngest was accepted to her #1 pick of Universities, so she'll be headed off in August. I'll also have the oldest as a Senior in the same University.

I'm actually a CIO. I've had an opening for a "good" SAP overall generalist since 1 Jul 04. I'm not even really getting applications. Had one, but he simply would not give me a salary figure. I guess he expected me to guess at what he was worth. Damn it to hell people who can't set their own worth.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Congrats! I know what you mean - if ours goes locally, he'll still be here for another howevermany years. Hell, it took me about 10 years after I left home to be completely independent. Always kept showing back up for handouts etc. ;)

Some of these guys are so far into their gig that they live in their own virtual world. Brilliant, but pretty much helpless in the real world. My brother-in-law is like that.

Joe

On 12 Feb 2005 12:53:54 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

Thanks, fortunately for my folks when I did the boot-scoot boogie I was gone-gone never to return. I never even lived in the same state once I cut the cord.

Oh I know about that right well enough. I *grew* up genning code and doing DBA work on Oracle 2. I don't think there is a single thing in the IT field that I haven't done at the hands on level. I varied my assignments so that I became as well rounded as possible.

Reply to
ZombyWoof