Interesting numbers...

The all-time No.1 should be no surprise. I cracked the Top Ten only because of my work 'way back when I was an AOLer.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Wow I made the top 10...by a hair!!

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Michael, I think we're all on the list out of sheer longevity. It basically shows who's been here the longest.

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Joe

They used to go by nic rather than email address. 4 1/2 years ago when I split off and formed AHPBBFM, I remember checking the RAMFM archives for posts under "CobraJet" and getting over 7000 returned since Jan of '98.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I'm number 3 !?

WOW!!! And that's just with my AOL name, which was gone five or six years ago. I wonder how long they used nic, like CJ mentioned? When AOL went to the option of creating a nickname, I went to "A Guy Named Steve." I have used it ever since, although I've posted from a couple of different ISP's since then.

I find it interesting that David Lyons isn't in the top 10. Even though he's been AWOL for many years, he used to be involved in every thread - I even thought he was the moderator when I first started posting.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Me, too! Funny how us AOLers ASSumed the internet was moderated.

Remember the "moderators" in the chat rooms, and what a swell job THEY did?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

It's funny, the chat rooms are the one thing I miss from AOL. I've used the online versions and those of yahoo, but it just isn't the same. I enjoyed a mindless Friday or Saturday night (wow, I'm lame huh?) of watching people be idiots in those chat rooms. A few drinks made it that much better!

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Shit, that's a parrty!

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Do you still do that, Mike?

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

How in the hell did I make it on that list??? I don't post that much. And what I *do* post is pretty much ignored anyway.

If it isn't Big Brother keeping a close eye on ya, it's Google.

-JD

________________________________________________________ | | | 1998 Laser Red GT RAMFM Member Since 1998 | | M-5400-A Suspension http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams || Subframe Connectors & Seat Bracing, Strut Tower Brace || 4-point K-frame Brace, Tremec T-45 & OEM 3.27:1 Gears ||________________________________________________________|

Reply to
JD Adams

dwight wrote the following, which while being attributed to fact was none the less being challenged::

How exactly did you do that, the search?

I've been a founding member of another group, we've been active since Oct 1999 and I would like to run one of these on that group...

Wm

Reply to
William

It's really just an indicator of how long I posted using the same email address. There are plenty of others that have more posts. Our previous two-wheel-wonder troll ttt has 8,850 show under just one of his many email addresses. I'm a light weight poster when compared to others. OTOH, I've seen many here post thousands of times, like ttt has, and still not convey a coherent thought.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Chat rooms? Naw. Haven't been into one for years. It's pretty much RAMFM and TurboBuick.com for me. You can catch Lyons over there too. He's alive and well as is Jim Stoltz, whose TR is running mid 11's now :-)

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Mid 11's? That's pretty much a stocker with a few hundred $ in mods. :)

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

True. I hardly come in here for Mustang content any more, although I'm still a die-hard. It's more like "who's in the house today".

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news:- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Joe

I stole this from a post in another newsgroup. Take the above link, replace ramfm with the name of whatever other newsgroup you want, and pop that into your browser.

This is really nothing new, nothing that DejaNews used to do.

I just popped TFrog93 into the search (with no @), and found 5,230 listings. Another 2,500 or so as "dwight".

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Or Microsoft (of course):

or

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I clicked on "report that can be posted to newsgroup", and found that I was coming in at #27 for the year so far. And I've contributed nothing.

dwight

Reply to
dwight