It is with sadness that I report...

That the new Challenger was NOT at the Canadian International Auto Show. Apparently, the Chicago show is alot larger, is on now and that is where Chrysler's one copy is. In any case, the Camaro was there. Here are some shots.

rander3127

that camaro is got to be the most ugly car i`ve seen! not just because i`m a ford man! that car looked crapy. mp

Reply to
Michael price

It aint just you... that is a fugly car! from the folks who brought you the Aztek, comes ANOTHER failure but only 'cause there just aint enough people who like ugly puppies!

Actually it you put a sheet of paper over the nose, it's not real bad. Tho when's the last time you've seen a Chebby with a good looking nose? The Monte's nose isnt too bad, but...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Chevy's obviously not planning to bring the Camaro back anytime soon.

Reply to
Blue Gator

I like the Camaro's silhouette, but seeing it in the light triggers a gag reflex. :P

At least it's a step in the right direction, I hated the way the previous body seemed too large for the wheelbase. IMO the camaro could be a _decent_ looking car, it just needs a lil' tweaking on the nose and tail. That silver eggcrate grille makes me think "Cadillac",.. but _not_ in a good way.

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

And here I thought somebody had croaked....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well, I like it. It looks much better than the last version.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I am a Chevy fan, and I have to agree, that is the most butt ugly thing I have seen in years. But then I never thought that car was anything to buy from day one.

Uncomfortable to drive, flimsy, one off crap you have to pay an arm and a leg for...........give me my Monte any day. " An Iron fist in a velvet glove".

I now have a 5.0 Futura and an 85 LX convertable mustang, but for long road trips in complete comfort, its the Monte that is going to rack up the miles.

"But now is the time for the younger men to lock in rough encounters, time for me to yield to the pains of old age. But there was a day I shone among the champions."

Homer, The Illiad, 23.715-719 (800 BC). King Nestor of Pylos.

Reply to
patricktee

Nice.

Finally put my own shots from the Philadelphia version up. To tell the truth, I don't know whether a Camaro prototype was there or not. I didn't spend a lot of time in the Chevy area, and didn't do more than a cursory walk through the Tuner section.

When I wasn't looking at sport utes with my wife, I was in the Ford oval. I put up my better shots of the Shelby and the GT, but I think my hands were shaky for some reason.

dwight

(new 2006 edition - see "Images")

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote : When I wasn't looking at sport utes with my wife, I was in the Ford oval. I : put up my better shots of the Shelby and the GT, but I think my hands were : shaky for some reason. :

"First Date Jitters"

;¬)

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Then there's the car with the World's longest car name right now. "The Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi SRT"

rander3127

Apparently Honda has taken over Toyota!

Blue Gator

Those are some crappy pictures Rich, why don't you spend a few bucks and get a Canon Rebel XT. The plastic won't kill you.

Reply to
Jim Smithe

I wouldn't go that far, but I'll agree that they have a lot of work to do on that one. I hate the perpetual toothy grin on the front. It's hard to take it seriously. Also, I've NEVER seen a car that looked good with rubber band tires on it. Hopefully, that's a fad that won't last too long.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

wrote

I thought it went to the "The Ford SVT Shelby Mustang GT 500 Cobra Convertible"

Looks longer to me, even if you leave out "Cobra". ;)

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

GM could croak.

Reply to
rander3127

I couldn't take the thought of fine focusing by "flexing" the body!

Reply to
rander3127