keep vert top up or down?

I keep the top down on my vert most of the time when driving around. My question: after I park the car for the night (inside the garage), is it better to just leave the top down (to reduce wear on the power top motor), or to raise the top (so the top does not get overly wrinkled)? I have been putting the top up every night to keep the top stretched out (and also to keep excess dust from entering the interior), but it seems like I am beating the heck out of the top motor, up down up down constantly.

Hey, how expensive and difficult is it to replace the top motor anyway? I guess if the motor isn't too expensive and is easy to change, then it doesn't matter if you beat the nuts out of it.

But also, is it bad to leave the top down for long periods? Might the top get permanently creased or wrinkled? One thing I did already learn is to never put the top down unless it is DRY, otherwise you have a mildewy mess later on.

If it is bad to run the top motor constantly, then one idea I had was to make a custom cover that would just extend from the top of the dashboard to the boot snaps... would cover the interior only... could be used to keep dust out of the interior at night or sun out during the day when parked without having to raise the entire top. Does anyone make such a thing already? Thanks

Reply to
zed