Convertible top - can you raise&lower it manually repeatedly?

I have a 97 convertible with the power top. The motor for the tonneau cover is failing. We've had to raise the top manually, leaving the gap in the rear between the tonneau cover and the rear part of the top.

My question - once you manually raise the top, it is possible to manually lower it again?

My rationale is that it's going to be really expensive to fix, and we can't afford it right now, but we'd still like to have the top down for the rest of the summer. We'd probably just leave it down, park in safe places during the day, and garage it at home.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Reply to
Danny Baker

I have a 93 conv and in the trunk there is a lever that allows you to put the top up and down manually. Check

your owners manual it will show you how to do it manually.

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK