Hankook Tires?

The GT convertible needs new shoes. I'm pricing tires (245-45-ZR17), and I come across a brand name 'Hankook' - a set of 4, installed, balanced, road hazard and front end aligned - $572.11. That's by far the best price- yes I have looked at TireRack.com, but this is still the best price for tires. Has anyone used these tires before?

I also got prices on Michelin, BFGoodrich, Sumito, etc.

Gotta watch the budget, y'know.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

at 10 Nov 2003, Ralph Snart [ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net] wrote in news:XsZrb.165531$HS4.1348538@attbi_s01:

Never looked at Hankook, but went with Dayton Daytonas. Nice and low budget as wel. Especially considering they are made by Bridgestone and appear to use the same technology as the Potenza series. I'm quite happy with them and I believe I paid $700 for 4 including installation, balancing, road hazars and a 3 year aligment contract allowing me as many alignments as needed during that period. Important down here in florida where most roads appear to have more potholes than actual surface... :-)

Reply to
Paul

Or, you may want to price out some Kumho's. I got a set of the ECSTA's in

245/45 HR17 for $475 installed, balanced, FEA. I know they are "HR"'s and not "ZR"'s but I cannot tell the difference - except that the ride is a little quieter/smoother?

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

I've used Hankooks for many years.... they make a very good light truck tire for the money.

Jim Warman

If you are using HR series just keep that sustained top speed below 130 mph. hehe

Reply to
Richard

I agree.. the Kuhmo is a doggone good tire, and I run the Escsta Supras 275 / 35 / ZR 18's I replaced Nitto 555's with these, they are every bit as good so far and a heck of a lot less expensive. Good grippies, great in wet weather and corner as hard as I am willing to push it.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Yes, I found that the Tire Rack has a V rated Kumho with a better tread for the same price as the OEM Good Years that are non speed rated on my Murano. Same price too.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Reply to
carl

Well Carl, After having the Kuhmos on for awhile. I believe I am going to go back to Nittos. The Kuhmos need to be rebalanced every 3k miles or so and after they get a little wear, they offer about ZERO traction on take off.

As for high mile tires... I'll bet it's the composition of the rubber that is the blessing/curse. Hard enough to last a long time, and make allot of racket.

Kate

| > > I agree.. the Kuhmo is a doggone good tire, and I run the Escsta | Supras 275 | > > / 35 / ZR 18's | > > I replaced Nitto 555's with these, they are every bit as good so | far and a | > > heck of a lot less expensive. | > > Good grippies, great in wet weather and corner as hard as I am | willing to | > > push it. | > >

| > > Kate | > > 98 Cobra Drop Top | > >

| > Yes, I found that the Tire Rack has a V rated Kumho with a better | > tread for the same price as the OEM Good Years that are non speed | > rated on my Murano. Same price too. |

Reply to
SVTKate

I must admit that at the track they leave a lot to be desired for traction but on the street mine are OK. Are you running the Ecsta Supra 712's

245/45R/17. Mine have never had to rebalanced except when I changed the wheels this past spring. I'm thinking you have a bad tire(s).
Reply to
Richard