Later Model Wheels on Classic.

I have a 1965 Mustang GT Fastback. What do I need to do to put late model stock wheels (ie. Bullit wheels) on my car? Spacers? Thickness? 5 lug spacing correct?

Thanks!

Reply to
james

Yes, you need spacers. Many Mustang parts houses carry them. They bolt onto the existing studs and have their own studs to match the metric spacing of the late model rims. I believe they go for upwards of $200 for four.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Hi James. I bought 1.25" spacers to put 2003 17x8 Mach 1 wheels on my '69 Mach. It has more fender clearance so the extra 1/4 inch looks good. I think

1" spacers would be good on an earlier car. I also have a set of 17x8 bullit wheels and the back spacing is the same as my machs. I bought my spacers on ebay for 67.00 a set.
Mark C.

Reply to
OdieBob

I believe it depends upon the wheels and the size, as well as any changes you might have made to suspension, drivetrain, brakes, etc.

. My 65 16x8" rims and 225/50Z16s (could have gone to 245s on the rear) and no spacer was required.

You may f>I have a 1965 Mustang GT Fastback. What do I need to do to put late model

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

I love torque thrust 2s but bought my late model mach1s and bullets for about 100 bucks each plus 35.00 each wheel for spacers.

Reply to
Mark C.

I got my Vintage 40s at about 50% off direct because they were blems, though you have to look really close to find what's wrong. That freed up funds to use in other areas of the restoration and modifications.

Ya gotta save where ya can. My set cost around $600 IIRC. The difference paid for a complete fr>I love torque thrust 2s but bought my late model mach1s and bullets for

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

Gotta love it. The thriftier you are now, the cooler you are later.

Reply to
Mark C.