leather redo shop in Austin?

Has anyone had experience with any upholstery shops in Austin? I want to redo all the tan leather in my 96 GT Convertible. Thanks!

Reply to
Scotter

This Friday (March 9) my '90 ragtop is going to J&H Auto Trim on Slaughter Lane to get a new top. If his work is good, I'll be letting him reupholster (?) the leather front seats in my Regal.

I'll let you know how their work turns out on the top.

Reply to
The other Donald

thanks!

Scott

Reply to
Scotter

Donald -

How did it go?

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

Excellent.

I took the car to him the evening before, and it was ready Friday afternoon, as he promised.

I do understand that the top is a kit, but the installation was perfect. The top works much smoother than before, and the fit & finish are excellent.

He quoted me $700 to $800 for the leather in my Regal. Assuming that there is nothing tricky about your seats, I would assume that yours would be about the same.

I'll let you know now that his shop isn't one of those high-end, boutique looking places. But his work speaks for itself.

Reply to
The other Donald

Now I wish I had waxed it before I took it in....

-DMc

Reply to
The other Donald

I'm glad you had those results! I've already e-mailed them for a quote.

Now if I can figure out which interior I want to put in... :-)

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron