looking

need a power steering bracket for a 88-93 mustang 5.0 ..is this offered in aftermarket? or shall i try to find one in a salvage yard.. thanks, ~stew~

Reply to
stew

stew opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

you mean the pump bracket, right?

Geez... what a decison. N dollars and wait while a "new" bracket comes in, or 1/3 N dollars with the aggravation of having to deal with a "spare" pump.

Hmmm...I dunno.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

well thanks for attempting to help..i dont understand your lingo(backyard mechanic says it all) just looking for some simple help..didnt need attitude..and ps i dont need a pump...note i said B R A C K E T. the new pumps do not...repeat do not come with a bracket. thank you very much ~stew~

Reply to
stew

What BM was saying was, go to the junkyard, buy a bracket for 1/3 the price and end up with a spare pump. If you buy a new one, you'll pay 3x more and just get the bracket, no spare parts.

JS

Reply to
JS

stew opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Well.. gee...sorry about that.

I suggest you try for a thicker skin and read between the smartass. Or is it that you hate to ask for advice in the first place?.. If so, that's totally bogus.. no one knows everything.

You want advice from someone with 40 years of experience, you put up with a little smartass.

I'll put my PRACTICAL experience (AND success rate) up with what your gonna get at the typical dealer parts counter. What I learn from my mistakes, I try to pass on. Sort on username and see if I dwell on smartass or trying to help

As to my moniker, that's a little self deprecating humor but description of my background.

Meantime, my advice stands.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Hey BM,

Ever heard the saying....."NOONE likes a Smartass ??"

Where's it get yea ??

lingo(backyard

Reply to
Katmandu

Katmandu opined in news:IcVPc.113568$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

;)

Ever pay attention to WHO it is USES that saying?

Cheers!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Funny, my grandmother always said... "Everyone likes a little, but nobody likes a smart."

I guess nobody likes me..

JS

Reply to
JS