mass air

what are the benefits of converting an 86 lx to mass air on a stock motor or should i spend money elsewhere and any suggetions on where

Reply to
wannabe

  1. MAkes it much easier to tune when you add other engine performance goodies.
  2. Makes it easier to understand and troubleshoot.

BUT... unless you are going to fully read and understand the EEC system, like by using the last Probst books, then I wouldnt recommend it

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

And, the speed density system works very well on a stock engine. You will see little to no difference unless you do other modifications. I owned an 87 and 89 5.0 LX 5 speed at the same time. They were almost identical, the 87 was quicker but the 89 had a higher top speed. They were geared the same.

Al

Reply to
Big Al