Message from ford

This is Ford Motor Company, You need to take the word "mustang" out of this news servers name, or else. What a crock of shit. What I want to know is why and how can ford claim this name? It's the name of a breed of horse. The mustang badge is the shape of a horse. We need to find the descendants of the person that named the horse so they can sue ford. Does anyone know where I can buy a Calvin pissing on the blue oval. Seriously I'm going to put them on all my mustangs and pass them out to anyone in my local m@#$%$#g club or at M@#$%$#gs Plus. I'm so pissed off at frod right now. (misspelled on purpose)

Reply to
Mark C.

They can claim it because it's a copyrighted trademark.

-------- Laurie S. Thunder Snake #7

Reply to
Laurie S.

What are you babbling about? How about some context?

Reply to
Brent P

You don't know what's going on?

Reply to
Mark C.

DQpNYXJrIEMuIHdyb3RlLi4uDQo+IFlvdSBkb24ndCBrbm93IHdoYXQncyBnb2luZyBvbj8NCg0K IEkga25vdyBldmVyeXRoaW5nIGFuZCB5b3UgYXJlIG5vdCB0aGUgbW91dGhwaWVjZSBvZiBGb01v Q28uDQoNCiBEYXbvZA0KIEdyZWVudmlsbGUsIE5D

Reply to
Ðavïd

So your post was bullshit. good day.

Reply to
Brent P

READ THIS

walt peifer

Yes, I've heard that before. And so, what does that have to do with some news-server? Or is he refering to the group name in some badly worded attempt at humor?

Reply to
Brent P

It's called sarcasm. You need to see a doctor to get that stick removed from your butt.

Reply to
Mark C.

Badly worded attempt at humor. Good scarsm makes sense.

Reply to
Brent P

Essentially, Ford is targeting any "automotive" entity which uses the term Mustang (or Maverick, Pinto, Cougar, Thunderbird, etc). If you are involved with ranching, for example and use the term Mustang, you're OK. (the Mustang Ranch in Sparks, NV is another which is not affected :0) I got a nice letter back from their attorneys which tried to allay my thoughts on the course of action against the classic car market. It flopped. Many of us have been writing to the President of Ford, to their PR division, etc, voicing our concerns.

They do not seem to understand that the vendors and the owners have been one of the biggest single pro Ford advertisers... for FREE. That their present course is causing them bad PR.

We have asked when they are going to force the magazines to change names, when they will force the clubs to change names, when they will go after the little league and pro ball teams, etc.

Ford isn't the only company to take this approach. Boeing has gone after model airplane companies. The railroads went after Lionel.

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM

Wassamatter, Mustang ate your Z06?

Reply to
WindsorFox

yeah, i do think thats a bunch of crap, cant do much of anything except make ford look bad...so its their own fault in the deal. oh well!

Megan

1965 mustang coupe check it out at:
W> > This is Ford Motor Company, You need to take the word "mustang" out of this
Reply to
meggers