Music at Car Shows....

A Dylan car song might go something like this.... (tune Like a Rolling Stone)

At the drags I get holeshot .....................off the liiiiiiine Nuthin I can do can help my.................sixty tiiiiiiimes People'd call, say "you gonna need a spool" To get some traction, you're a fool? You used laughing gas alot Till your pistons was hangin' out Now you just squalk real loud Now you just leave a cloud And are having to scrounge your next rear.

I needs some gears! I need some gears! To be able to grip. To make the quarter trip. Not be a dip.

StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill S.

Stuart&Janet wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Here is another that isn't *really* a car song but seems that way: Metallica - Fuel

Reply to
Phyrestang

??? You don't like Staind, Puddle of Mud and Nickleback???

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

classic :)

Reply to
vince garcia

Lots of almost speeding tickets to that one. How can you say it's not really a car song?

"Fuel is pumping engines - burning hard, loose and clean"

two lines later...

"Quench my thirst with gasoline - Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire"

JS

Reply to
JS

I think it's because the oldies are "safe" no one gripes about them like they would if they played heavy metal or Rap...

personally, I can only take so much 50's music, so I suppose I am on your side to an extent... would love to hear zome ZZ at a show or BTO or... you know rock from MY era.... still oldies, but not moldy.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

A few years ago, a car show in South Carolina was giving all proceeds to the Childrens Miracle Network, when Billy Gibbons shows up with a flatbed car hauler and 2 really neat cars (but no Ford Eliminator). We set up a small area where he signed autografts for 2 bucks a pop, 5 bucks to take a pic of him and his cars, with all of the cash going to the charity event. We changed the music from moldie oldies to a LOT of ZZ TOP. We made a lot of cash for CMN that day....

Reply to
Ralph Snart

There were songs between the drugs? Oh man... must have missed it... the combination would have been great!

| > ERIC | >

| > 89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker | > 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam! | >

| > Check out the Ford Engine Heaven! | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate