Re: I Must be in HELL !!

OK...... So the (1) Car Show was the Annual National Trans Am meet !!

> Pretty good show actually even though my wife's Explorer was the ONLY FORD > around (or so it seemed!) >

Wow, all of those trans ams running under their own power? Still in once piece? MY GAWD, I hope you took some pictures. (although I must admit I do have an admiration for the 1987 GTA, and the 1989 turbo)

Question: did this trans am car meet double as the Mullet Foundation of America's annual meet?

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Victor DiMichina

"Katmandu" wrote

snip

Is that "layage" as in "laying rubber" or "getting laid"? This past Sunday afternoon experienced the latter in the back seat of a vinyl-clad '60's Ford product and the thing I noticed was all the squeaking of seat cushions and bodily parts rubbing rhythmically against each other, if you know what I mean and I think you do. It made quite a racket. So how come I never heard of this phenomenon before? Maybe I travel in the wrong (or right) crowds? Does leather upholstery do this too?

Come to think of it, does anyone have any funny stories about doing "it" in his or her bad ride? Surely there must be some good ones out there. C'mon, don't be shy, you're among "friends."

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

I tried in my V6 when I had it w/ my g/f at the time...

She had no problem being a mere 4'10 tall..

I on the other hand at 6'2....that thing needs a larger back seat....

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose

What's the supposed to mean ???

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

Back seat of a 72 Camaro DON'T CUT IT! :>)

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

Katmandu opined in news:PcR2b.14980$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.neo.rr.com:

Means always been Chebby country...and chebby's always been affordable here after the trailer rent and beer bill.

;)

See below

Meaning if the Mustang sold great in Dayton it would sell great everywhere.

And it did... folks here that never had fords bought em... and they started showing in big numbers in Delco and Frigidaire parking lots.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

jriegle opined in news:VaS2b.116237$3o3.8128890@bgtnsc05- news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Same as me... I'm an ex-GM Worker (Inland and Delco for 3 years) My Dad and

2 Bros retired from GM. Wife's Dad retired GM, Bro in Law runs a GM plant in Flint.

I'm a Rebel and I'll never be anygood, I'm a rebel cause I never do what I should.... Just because I Do not do what everybody Else does...

I got an Idea... Let's all meet up at the Springfield Fairgrounds Swap meet coming up.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You live around here ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

everywhere.

Reply to
Katmandu

Katmandu opined in news:nKT2b.15025$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.neo.rr.com:

Born Xenia, grew up Fairborn Live in Enon, work in Columbus.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Never did it in the back seat, but I've done it in the front seat. I'm 6'4" and although I've got a '68 Galaxie the back seat doesn't have much leg room, especially when you've got a pair of bookshelf speakers on one side of the floor. So, we did it up front. It was awkward at first, but after a short bit we figured it out. The steering wheel kinda got in the way a bit, but we managed to do a few different positions which were quite pleasurable and minimized interference with the steering wheel. Like you, I too was shocked at how much noise was made from rubbing against the vinyl seats. It seemed _so_ loud seeing as how we were out in the woods at night. I'd imagine leather would be similar in noise to vinyl. After only an hour we finished up... It was too cramped and such, but we both had a great time made even better by the excitement of the new experience. Kinda made a bit of a mess, but cleaned up easy from the vinyl. Noisy, but practical, eh? So anyway, that was part of my Valentine's Day surprise I gave my fiancé. She was totally turned on by it.

I don't know that I'd particularly want to have sex in the car again. It's kinda cramped, and you don't feel like you've got a lot of privacy until you get going and the windows fog up. After only an hour or so we were getting cramped from not enough space (damned steering wheel). The back seat doesn't have tons of room even with the seat all the way forward. I might do it another time in my '67, as the bench slides about an inch or two farther back than in my '68. I definitely prefer the bedroom though, as it's nice to be able to go for as long as you want and not get jabbed with things.

I've always loved big cars, and I'm definitely a Ford man. I think a station wagon would be awesome. I have wanted one for quite some time now ('67 Galaxie station wagon). The thought never even occurred to me what _other_ uses a station wagon could have...

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Yeah,

Being 6'1" myself, I have thought about the problem of the small back seat...

In the case of a small g/f, like you mentioned, would it be better to put the driver's seat all the way back, and push the steering wheel all the way up?

Then she could face you, k? Does this sound reasonable?

Just a thought that has passed through my head... :)

Greg Browne '96 Vee-Siques

  • Current Academic Term 3 of 8 *
  • Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science *
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland *
  • Work Term 1 of 6 Completed *
  • snipped-for-privacy@engr.mun.ca *
Greg Browne

Soory..should have been clearer..meant to ask if you currently were employed working on cars..if so , was gonna ask where?

Reply to
Matt

RTFM!

Reply to
Matt

A bud of mine told me once that he had been advised, "You ain't lived 'til you have a stationwagon & an airmattress."

pleasurable

Reply to
C Green

Hehehehe...I've already tried that one, but from the passenger side in a 66 FB. I found it easier to just lay down the back seat, and move back there. But the best one was in my 65 coupe. Just lay between the bucket seats and use the rear seat as a pillow. Then straddle the shifter and tranny tunnel with our legs. Now if your brave, and have a good remote location, just use the hood if you got an earlier model, that has a steel hood!

Reply to
GEB

depending on who you ask... Read The F&*^ing Manual

or

Read The Factory Manual

Also the answer to the question:

name something an engineer will never do?

Reply to
Matt

Heh,

That explains why I didn't even KNOW what it meant, let alone ever do it...

LOL!

Greg Browne '96 Vee-Siques

  • Current Academic Term 3 of 8 *
  • Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science *
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland *
  • Work Term 1 of 6 Completed *
  • snipped-for-privacy@engr.mun.ca *

->"There's NO replacement for DISPLACEMENT!" >

Reply to
Greg Browne

Just crawl onto her in the front passenger seat. Recline it all the way. It's not so bad. I'm 6'1", my girlfriend at the time was 5'4".

Tried that in an '88 Cavalier on the side of the road. Funny part is, the first place I picked to pull over (side of a semi-busy freeway) just happened to be a great hiding spot for the state police... so great I didn't see him hiding there when I initially pulled off. I had to get out of the car and act like I was getting something out of the trunk. Cop came out and asked what I was doing... if everything was ok, etc.

Not wanting to drive past the next exit (as the one after was another 11 miles away), I drove just out of sight of the last place I pulled over. Kept waiting to see him come around the bend...

One of those situations where neither of us could wait 'till we got where we were goin. At least we didn't get busted in the process.

JS

Reply to
JS

Now that's pretty cool! All of us Mustang people so near each other!

Backyard Mechanic: I could throw a stone and hit the Dephi building (formerly Inland plant in Vandalia.). Not really, but I'm just a couple blocks over from it. My Grandpa (Riegle) worked there. He's been dead way before I was born. He died in '53.

Katmandu: My brother is mentally disabled. He is autistic and works for RTT off of Falseway (sp?) in Troy. Kinda over near the library, but on the north side of the river. I'm kinda nerdy and visit the Troy library now and then. If you see a guy with a near buzz haircut and coke bottle thick glasses driving a fire red metallic 03 GT, well, chances are it is me!

John

Reply to
jriegle

I drive by you twice a day (back and forth to the VA!).

Matter of fact, I'll be buzzing your house in about 15 minutes!

If you hear something like a Cruise Missle, your windows shake and the dogs run for cover, chances are it's just me Flyin' down I-75 !! ;>)