mustang AM/8 track radio

I have a 66 Mustang GT convertable. I has the original AM radio. I purchased a 40 year (Radio Shack) fm converter that I mounted in the console glove box. I want to attach the hot wire of the converter to the hot wire that goes to the radio so, when I turn on the key both radio and FM converter are hot. Can anbody tell me which wire on the radio I can splice into or is there an extra accessary connect on the car that will work. I have found a connectioin but it is always hot. Thanks

Reply to
paulfab4

Do you have a muti-meter? You can check you fuse box all by your self if you do and find a keyed power point.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I went through this issue on a 72 mach1 last year. It also has an AM/8Track. I'm not certain about the color codes for 1966, but the mach1's radio has a big fat black wire for the positive lead of the radio. Don't ask me why 'cuz I thought it was ridiculous, but it's true. The chassis of the radio on the mach1 is negative. (The light blue wire with red dots is the pilot lamp positive wire). I found these facts on this very newsgroup. (Thanks guys). Dave

1972 mach1
Reply to
nospam

Does anybody know how to adjust the 8 track on this radio as it wobbles in and out??? Thanks

Reply to
paulfab4

"paulfab4" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Jam a pack of matches under the tape while it's playing. Always worked for us years ago.

Reply to
Joe

The problem is probably the tape cartridge: the foam pressure pad behind the tape has compressed (dried up) and no longer pushes the tape against the head. Years ago you could get replacement pressure pads, but no more...

The matchbook-wedged-underneath-the-cartridge trick works when the pad is slightly compressed, but not if the pad has crumbled completely away.

Reply to
Will Roberts