Mustang convertible top motor

I am looking to replace the convertible top motor in my 94 GT.

I see a some on eBay that say they are for 83-93 or 87-93

I take it these are different then my 94 but I thought I would ask here to be sure.

Are these motors the same as on the 94? I can't tell by looking at this pics.

Thanks Gavin

94 GT
Reply to
GL

The 94+ motors are basically the same as the 87-93, the only difference is the plug in for the power leads. The earlier uses a different case and motor but would still work with the exception of the different connector as well. You are usually looking at $100 for a motor /pump.

Hope this is helpful.

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

Thanks Tim that was helpful

Mine often stops working but if I go in the trunk and tap it it will start working again for a while.

Gavin

94GT
Reply to
GL

I would undo the two bolts on the motor end, unscrew the ground wire, unplug the connector, and pull the motor away from the pump and out. Blow down the brushes and check for wear (square carbon blocks w/ wire coming out from ends) also check the contacts for the overload that are there as well and clean with piece of sand paper if neccesary.