Convertible top

I have a 1996 convertible with a glass rear window. I need to replace my top. Is it recommended to replace the back glass when I replace my top.

My first quote is 550 for the top and 850 with the top and glass vs. 499 for the glass alone.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Reply to
chris

No need to replace the glass. Suggest you check out this site

. The replacement top will cost $116.00 (Haartz pinpoint vinyl) or $120.00 (sailcloth vinyl). Mine is in at the moment having the top replaced as I write this response.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
cobra boy

Keep in mind that the new top will be a bit brighter than the vinyl at the bottom of the back glass. The vinyl gets a certain ammount of crud in it that never quite comes out so the new top will be brighter for quite a while.

There are also issues, as with any fabric, of dye lots, pattern and texture differences.

Kate

| > My first quote is 550 for the top and 850 with the top and glass vs. 499 | for | > the glass alone. | >

| > Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. | >

| > Thanks in advance!! | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I guess any slight differences below the window will show primarily if the color is something other than black. Besides, isn't the top down 90%+ of the time?

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
cobra boy