New gears on a AOD?

Thanks Tom and MadDAWG. I called Dallas Mustang and ordered the SpeedCal. As well, I shot an e-mail to Tungsten who's got one on his '98GT AODE to help me on the subject a little. A minor detail I forgot to mention was that I recently went from 16" to 17" wheels, so my speed/odometer is off just a tad. Thus, that was also justification for ordering the SpeedCal -- it won't go amiss if I decide not to do the gears.

So in short:

- decide on 3.73's or 4.10's

- find a good performance shop to do it

- install gears along with installation kit to replace existing shims/bearings etc.

- re-adjust SpeedCal to compensate for new gearing.

- find how the tranny shifts with the new gears. If it's acceptable, enjoy the new rear wheel torque, if not..

- start looking for a performance chip.

Am I missing something? Once again...THANKS!

--Vince

Reply to
Vince Toplosky

Yep, I think you've got it!

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98