The new GTO

Don't skip the intro.

I am still not too into the styling but with true dual exhaust and an IRS I find myself drooling just the tiniest bit. Oh, WTF who am I kidding, drooling heavily.

Reply to
FBR

wow, a rwd grand prix, I dont like that dual exhaust setup either.. why not have one pipe go to the other end?

Reply to
Paradox

I really don't find it all that amazing myself. And the exhaust setup sucks. Why not run two pipes on either side of the car? (Like on my 94 Grandprix SE)

Reply to
clevere

Looks a lot like my wifes 96 Grand Am.

Reply to
Scott

And after all that there is a high price tag and a gas guzzler tax to boot. Not even the Corvette is subject to a gas guzzler tax.

Yawn

Reply to
TSC

I had a close up look at the GTO today at the Hartford Auto Show. I was impressed with the car overall. Very sharp.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

GTO is a 350 v8 powered Dodge Neon with a 2002 Grand Prix front clip. My Gawd who in the hell is in charge of styling at Pontiac??

Reply to
Mr Santini

I heard from the local dealer that late in the model year or 2005 Pontiac is releasing a "GTO Judge" 400 Small Block with 400+ BHP, Hugger Orange !!!. Anyone else heard, confirm or deny. I hope it is true.

Reply to
Norm

Some snowy Sunday in January of 2004 Harryface will press his face to the Pontiac showroom window, while standing in the deep snow, peering in at the new GTO.

So thats it, eh !?

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~273,304 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Harryface, just remember - DON'T STICK YOUR TONGUE ON THE GLASS!!!! And wipe off the drool!

Reply to
Sting Ray

I just came back from down under,,,,WOW All you idiots complaining about looks DAAAAaaaaa When your behind the wheel you can't see the outside and HOLY SH*T when you plug the go peddle....???? All you rooky drivers better wear a dypers Yeah the exhaust is dumb CHANGE IT STUPID,,,,,,,

........>

DOXIE WALLSzzz

BUT, the gas guzzler tax only applies to the auto version. The 6 speed is rated 29 highway. MUCH better than my Yukon!

Reply to
Joseph Roche

I hope its not true. The Judge is dead, let it rest in peace. Dont shame it name sticking it on some foreign car American muscle car wannabee.

Reply to
Santini

If it is based on the Holden Monaro or it's offspring, the critter is definitely no "wannabee" Too bad it won't be available in Canada - due to not meeting Canadian safety requirements. (mostly bumper deficiencies, from what I hear). A fair number of "American" cars have the same problem and cannot be imported to Canada.

Reply to
clare

At least they chose a real rear wheel drive, but it still looks like a Chevrolet powered Honda Civic to me! As an owner of a `66 GTO conv, I think they should let the name continue to rest as it has since 1975.

Reply to
Philip Wagner

Reply to
GTO Driver

Reply to
Bryan Lee

Many think they should have let it rest after the '67 and that everything after that date was a "should have never been"!

Reply to
Sting Ray

Stick with the fiberglass cars buddy, you don't know what you are writing.

Reply to
GTO Driver

Pal, I was there when they were new and I know what I like. I drove more than a few early GTO's. Can you say the same? ;-) My statement of opinion stands. The new GTO is the first model I've liked since the '67. But as we all know, taste is purely subjective. There are more opinions than yours. Get over it! My earlier response was intended to draw attention to your own self-serving comment that "They should have let the GTO name rest after 72 but they came up with several "should have never been"s' ". Funny how after you made your opinionated statement that you would find my tongue-in-cheek comment offensive. ;-) Thin skin I guess. You can dole it out, but can't take it.

Reply to
Sting Ray