New Mustang means new GTO for me

Sure, because now Mustangs main buyers are women looking for a sporty V6.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

I used to have a girlfriend that dressed like that. WILD, MAN, really WILD!

Not for the weak of heart. I need to go to the gym to get ready for that new piece of automotive pony. Where are my vitamin pills?

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

That's amusing. I did and still do dislike the '99 predecessor and thought that the '99 redesign was a major improvement. Individual taste is a funny thing.

If the spy photos are giving as a distorted perception of the cars portliness, and it's a bit more svelte, it'll be the first good looking 'Stang since, oh, 1969 or so.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

At times, some Foxes look like freakin' Cavaliers if you see one out of the corner of your eye. ;-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

C. Olofsson

Sooooo true. I know from experience. I laughed at the 1999 redesign when I first saw it. That didn't matter a year later when I bought my

2000! I always said that Fords have a wierd way of growing on people. As I hated the 2005 redesign, I always predicated that statement with that little Ford fact. Now, guess what...I'm beginning to change my mind on the 2k5's

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Reply to
Victor DiMichina

at 20 Sep 2003, Keith [kmruk@spam_sucks_comcast.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Great, a truck interior in a sports car. :-)

Reply to
Paul

"C. Olofsson" wrote in news:U4bbb.562$La.527@fed1read02:

Cindy, when's the last time you were at the eye doctor? ;)

Seriously, though, it's true - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, the '94s on up look Hot Wheels cars made to full scale. They're all out of proportion.

Joe

Paul wrote in news:Xns93FD8975DD6E9parrotpapa@

65.32.1.8:

It's not a sports car! It's a pony car. Literally.

BTW, I love the last pic with the gauges all lit up. Looks great!

Joe

But have you seen the interior on the new F150s? It's far from a workhorse truck interior...

Keith

at 21 Sep 2003, Joe [ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com] wrote in news:bkkqjm $2o9sj$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-49604.news.uni-berlin.de:

Did I write sports car? *hits head* :-)

I think so to. The original pics were a bit dark so I ran them through some filters to get out some more detail. I even tried to find out what was on the sticker under that big red button. Unfortunately the original I got was jpeg and it's lossy compression algorythm had munged that up to bad.:-(

Reply to
Paul

at 21 Sep 2003, Keith [kmruk@spam_sucks_comcast.net] wrote in news:lfKcndUUm434a snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I wonder if we also get the overhead storage unit with the optional DVD player. *ducking*

Reply to
Paul

But still some of us do like to turn and not have to brace ourselves against the door.

Reply to
Brent P

Well, I guess I can be counted among the "yahoo" masses. I didn't, and still don't, care for the '94 - '98 body style. It was especially disappointing after seeing the three different choices that were to be had prior to build. The cars have too much roundness to them to suit my tastes; like a soap bubble. Once the "New Edge" design came out, it made all the difference for me. I suppose my tastes run to the Teutonic, since my previous choices in Mustang were '65, '88, and '93.

Reply to
RayS

I avoided the re-design and kept my 93 until 2001. Too rounded looking, too Japanese.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

To me the 94-98 body looks like a 65/66 fastback. *shrug*

Reply to
Brent P

It's taken me until about now to come around. I'd get a 94 or 95 GT for a daily driver, but I'd still prefer an earlier notch.

Steve Race car on the way.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Paul.. read my lips...

MUSTANGS are NOT sports cars! he he he giggle smirk

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

yuck

ok, so now, we can talk on the cell phone, eat our lunch, type on the computer, check the GPS, do our makeup, yell at the kids AND watch a movie while driving down the road?

Oh yea.. I feel safe.

| > > Count on the interior staying close to what you see. It's sharing | > > alot of interior parts with the new F150, and the interior in those | > > is square. | >

| > Great, a truck interior in a sports car. :-) | | But have you seen the interior on the new F150s? It's far from a workhorse | truck interior... |

| | -- | -Keith | '96 GT 5spd ... with an '02 engine | |

Reply to
SVTKate
*urp* K

| >I think it looks like the Mustang II | >and the interior 'aint much' | >

| >my two cents worth... | >

| >Kate | | Geez Kate, the Mustang II was closer to the 65\66 look than any other Mustang. | Since the new Mustang is purposely designed with these design cues in mind, | it's no wonder they resemble each other. | | John | 66 2+2

Reply to
SVTKate

Last time I saw Subic's '91. ;-) *ducking AND running*

AHHHH, how can you say that? LOL! Blasphemer! I was looking at mine today at an angle...after I waxed it...and it just looked so beautiful... *wiping tear* ;-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

C. Olofsson