New tires for the '03 gt vert

Well it's 30k plus on the OEM Goodyears. So I've been told it's time for new rubber. I'm looking at Dunlop SP Sport 9000. THhy seem reasonably priced and I have read good things about them. I'm looking for good year round performance and not alot of noise. Anyone have any other suggestins or experience with Dunlop?

Thanks! joe

2003 Stock GT 'Vert
Reply to
mustangjoe

Well it's 30k plus on the OEM Goodyears. So I've been told it's time for new rubber. I'm looking at Dunlop SP Sport 9000. THey seem pretty reasonable priced and have read good things about them. I'm looking for good year round performance and not alot of noise. Anyone have any other suggestins or experience with Dunlop?

Thanks! joe

2003 Stock GT 'Vert
Reply to
mustangjoe

Just put on a set of Fuzion ZRI tires made by Bridgestone though the name is not on the tire. 245/45/R17 95W rated tires good for like

180+ mph, good traction, good in the wet, overall about 100% better than the Goodyears. They cost me about $600 and change for the set of 4 with road hazard insurance.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Joe, Best all around tire I've used so far is the BFG Comp-TA (rebadged G-Force?) KDWs. Problem? Expensive!

A set of Dunlop SP5000s on my '89 were very close and there is a newer design out that's had a pretty good review at tirerack.com. Nitto NT555s have been a staple around here and are good, but not great. I recently put some Kumho ECSTA 711s on the '89. They're pretty good, except can be noisy on some pavement. All tires I've mentioned are 245

45-17s.

bradtx

Reply to
bradtx

Yup. When tragedy struck I put Kumho Ecsta RSX's on the Cobra cause Sears auto center was the only place open that had my size. Been so impressed they're now on all four corners.

Reply to
Rick Olive

Same on my cobra. Much more quiet than the oem's, and I no longer have the car pull to the right.

Reply to
RT

Reply to
Cobra Boy

But have you driven this same car with different tires in the wet ? It doesn't take much to slide a mustang around in the rain no matter what tires.

Reply to
RT

Reply to
Cobra Boy