O/T Help Defend A Marine

Hey guys, go here to read the petition and if your moved to defend the marine sign it.

randy1128

..... both of our countries train people to kill other people..... when they do their job, someone, somewhere, always seems to take exception to the act.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Over 105,000 sigs. Wow...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]
109,065 when I went there this morning.
Reply to
SVTKate

opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3133.bay.webtv.net:

That's all well and good... I believe the guy should end up with a minor infraction sentence at the most... I believe he MAY have been justified.. BUT!

Do we REALLY want a military or civil justice system governed by instant blog-concensus or polling?

let's spend that "capital" doing the really "hard work" of getting the truth out there to the world... not trying to influence judicial decisions.

before you get the WRONG Idea, I am a conservative and voted for Dubya i am just getting tired of judges and congressmen looking at public opinion to make long-effect decisions

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Gill

There were about 67,000 when I signed it on Friday the 19th.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Hey, does this sound familiar?? ROFL!!

Ice wrote:

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

OMG!!! Hell Yea it sounds familiar! Where is this guy?

Reply to
SVTKate

Defending war crimes is anti-American. The U.S. has lost it's global respect and credibility. First it was torture, rape and murder at Bush's Abu Ghraib prison, now this war crime. The U.S. needs to get out of Iraq now, and the longer we stay, the worse it will get. Bush's invasion of Iraq is illegal, immoral, and it's diverting resources away from the fight against terrorism. It's also needlessly disabling and killing thousands of troops who signed on the defend the United States, not to kill and die for the oil and weapons cartel. Even if you don't care about the terrorized and murdered Iraqi civilians or death and suffering of our troops, you ought to care about the bu$h regime wasting your desperately needed tax payer dollars to the tune of $150 million dollars per DAY. Remember, it's YOUR money.

Hank

He should have beheaded the rat bastard after he shot him.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Hey dude, was going to war with Germany wrong? They never attacked us.

BTW, most of us here in America could give a rat's ass less what the rest of the world thinks of us. You want to mention the cost of war, then mention how much money these countries that disagree with us get in foreign adi. If they're so offended by our actions, then they should stop taking our money.

So go away, little troll. I do agree that we should take all our men out of the Middle East - and then nuke it! Make a damned glass-over parking lot and then just take the oil - no cockroach Islamics to have to deal with.

Oh, BTW, we could nuke France and Germany also - just for general principle.

Reply to
The Rebel

Yep, that's what a true extremist terrorist would do....

Reply to
Hank

If we don't fight them in the Middle East then we will end up fighting them here in our back yard. These bastards would kill us by the millions if given the chance. Look what they did in Russia to defenseless school children. If we don't fight them there then this will happen here eventually. You equating them to us is really quite disgusting. Right now Iraq is a magnet for terrorists which means they aren't trying to get inside our borders. You have all the talking points down of the typical wacked out, left wing, they stole the election, anti-war, anti-military (don't pretend otherwise) Bush hater.

BTW, don't use the old standby anti-war argument that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. He supported terrorism and if we didn't deal with him now then we would have to in the future. Also, all our so called allies (France, Germany, Russia, U.N. etc.) were getting rich from the Oil For Food Program so thinking they would help us keep him contained was just a pipe dream. The collition was falling apart fast and once that happened Saddam would go right back to whipping up a fresh batch of WMD's and be looking for a place to use it or someone to give it to who would use them on us. That is something we couldn't let happen no matter how remote the possibility.

F> snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Merely because it's true?

Reply to
rw

Hussain supported terrorism with money skimed from the "oil for food" program. Get your facts straight. The fact that the UN did nothing about it yet knew (if any of them didn't know, shoot them for stupidity) proves why the UN should thought of as an enemy.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Prove it is not true. I would rather error on the side of caution and take out a mass murdering psychopath that threatened us on a daily basis rather than risk having 100,000's or millions of us dead inside our borders from terrorists using his WMD's. The potential consequences of leaving Saddam in power were to severe to ignore. Too many people can't see danger until the knife is cutting their throat. By then it's too late to react. I don't include myself in this group.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Must I also prove that the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny don't exist?

I'll choose to believe Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld -- that "to my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two".

Going to war unnecessarily, taking over a thousand casualties and almost

10,000 wounded (and counting), killing many tens of thousands of innocent civilians, spending over 200 billion dollars (and counting), alienating our allies, igniting a civil war, and diverting resources from Bin Laden and al Qaeda is erring on the side of caution?

We went to war based on lies and cooked "intellience" that led the public to believe Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction. Saying after the fact that we did it because Saddam Hussein was a bad man is merely a rationalization. Kim Jung Il is at least as bad a man as Hussein, but we aren't going to war with North Korea -- ironically, because we KNOW that they DO have weapons of mass destruction. If North Korea had huge oil reserves, however, that might just be enough to get our courage up.

Reply to
rw

. . . . . and then shit in his neck!

Reply to
John

rw wrote in news:wwgpd.3423$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

It's all about priorities and agendas. Iraq, Iran, North Korea, etc. Take your pick - they all need to be toppled. Which one first, next, etc.?

If we're only going to take one out (i.e., Iraq), why'd Bush pick Saddam? Was he really the biggest threat to us and the world over anybody else?

Joe