Old Over New

As much as I'd love to weigh in on this, I've decided to forego newsgroups and spend all of my time reading and posting on the moderated, website-based Mustang Eagles discussion forum. I'm trading spam for the constant barrage of banner ads.

dwight

dwight

"dwight" wrote in news:eOednW4jqbuu0afanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

recognized

Age: Older than most Sex: Yes Check: Please send one. Preferrably with at least 4 zeros to the immediate left of the decimal point and some bigger numbers to the left of those zeros.

Reply to
Joe

Okay, we can see who has been an AOLer in the past....

Reply to
WindsorFox

moment.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang/about>

Wow, and I'm still #4!!! And that's my AOL address and none of these old peoplepc.com posts count.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

innews: snipped-for-privacy@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Hey Joe,

I think I still have you on my AIM list (along with a lot of probably defunct RAMFM/AOL'ers...)

We just got back from Italy Saturday, so I'm a little behind right now.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Wow - AOL Flashback!!!

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Raises hand... From early 1996 - 2002'ish???

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

yeah seeverist is still in my aim list but hasn't lit up in as much time as NoOp has.

Reply to
WindsorFox-{SS}-

Do you have me as seeverist or seeverist1 ? I had to add the 1 back when I left AOL. I could probably go back, but no reason to. I don't fire it up automatically as most of the people I used spend my late evenings IM'ing are no longer using AOL.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

My AOL days seem like decades ago, but it really hasn't been all that long. Every once in a while, I still miss those long nights-into-mornings spent in the Car Chat Rooms. I joined when there were a mere 3,000,000 members, and it mushroomed up to over 20,000,000 in no time flat. But when the monthly stipend increased by a few bucks, I left for Netzero and have never had quite as much fun online again.

Still... I've grown used to being asleep by 1 AM.

I'll never get over the fact that, even with "only" 3,000,000 competing members, I couldn't get a TFrog screen name below TFrog52. Imagine that - there were already at least 51 other TFrogs. So I picked up the model year and became TFrog93, and I've been that for almost 15 years, through AOL, Netzero, and Comcast (with a few others along the way).

And now the last laugh is mine - I own

Without a number. Now I have to figure out a way to install a live Car Chat Room on the site.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

it says they're both in the list. I don't let Trillian start when the system boots, but I almost always have it on. I have the Astra beta and have a login on services I have no contacts on or even heard of :oP

Reply to
WindsorFox-{SS}-

That's actually pretty easy. Get v-Bulletin forums and the chat module and your done. A couple of the Titan forums I belong to have it and it works very well.

Reply to
WindsorFox-{SS}-