Opinion needed on carburetion

Thinking about replacing the Carter AFB on my '71 351C 4V. Has an Edelbrock Performer intake. Have been looking at Barry Grant's Demon series.

500+ is tall dollars for a carb, but I hear these are good carbs. Not that anything is wrong with the Carter, but I have this itch. Any opinions?

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

What are you hoping to gain by replacing the Carter? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Reply to
RJ

You are right, but I could probably get more money for the Carter :) The car does perform sluggish at times while fast as hell other times. Maybe the Carter needs a rebuild, but where to get parts, especially metering rods.

Reply to
goodnigh

There is a vendor listed in Mustangs Monthly and Mustangs and Fords which specializes in classic carb rebuild.

Reply to
Spike

There is also a company in Florida called "Fuel Force" that claims to build carburetors to your specifications from remanufactured parts. I used them to get a replacement Rochester for my 73 Eldorado.

Ironrod