OT: Ebayer not shipping my Purchase....

.......after I promptly PAID him via PayPal.

VENT ON:

He claims it's HIS policy to NOT ship anything until he gets the funds into HIS own personal bank account.

This is Bullsh1t IMHO since he ACCEPTED my PayPal payment already. FYI, a person using PayPal needs to chose whether or not to accept or deny a Payment.

VENT OFF

-ERIC

Reply to
Katmandu

While I agree that sounds like a *completely* BS policy on the seller's part, not to mention a really *bad* way to earn repeat customers, maybe he just doesn't trust PayPal to give him the money. Many people don't; I've heard some horror stories, and maybe this seller has been burnt before, but not badly enough to quit using PayPal completely.

If he transfered the balance from PayPal promptly, it should only take a business day or two for the money to arrive in his account. I'd say hold your horses (Mustangs?) for at least 48 hours before knocking some heads. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

What are some of the details such as amount and time elapsed since payment.

I have had my PayPal account for quite some time and have had zero problems. I maintain a "decent" balance in there and have it set up to automatically accept payment. You have fulfilled your end of the deal, he needs to do the same.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

That usually take two to three days once you withdraw the funds to your account.

I thought a PayPal payment was as good as cash? So what's he waiting for?

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Paypal will make the seller Prove he shipped the item or they can freeze his account until he does, they can also refund your money if the seller doesn't provide proof, but if he ships you a box of junk or just a box with air in Paypal WILL NOT do anything, I'm speaking from my own experience. File a Fraud complaint with Paypal, forget the ebay weenies, they don't care as long as they get their fees!

Reply to
winze

Also make sure to always use a credit card for paypal. Transactions from your checking account are basically as good as cash. Notice that paypal transactions also never include the seller's personal information, and they won't give it to you, either. Careful with paypal.

Reply to
Brad

can you give some details on this? How exactly did you get ripped off, and what was paypal's reason for not assisting? thx

Reply to
vince garcia

On Wed, 05 May 2004 02:34:17 GMT, "Katmandu" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I hope this wasn't to expensive of a lesson.

I think the entire purpose behind PayPal was to work as an Escrow Agent to ensure that the buyer had paid, and that the seller had shipped. If that is the case you are Catch-22ed to death.

Or at least that is the way it was the last time I used it. Got burned one to many times with it and quit using it.

I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

at 04 May 2004, Katmandu [ snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com] wrote in news:JoYlc.2829$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.columbus.rr.com:

be very careful. I just got nailed last month on some k9 Advantix. The

*&#%# is 'no longer a registered member' so eBay washes it's corporate hands and tells me 'privacy prevents us from saying if she left or got kicked out. so sorry you lose, go to PayPal'. I used PayPal but being considerate I drew the funds from my bank account rather than credit card to save the seller the extra fees payPal charges for that. Complained to PayPal (which is owned by eBay now) they go 'so sorry but we can't recover your funds, go to ebay'.

If I'd been inconsiderate and used my CC as a source, I'd have my money back now. So I guess from now on, it's to bad for the sellers but I'll be using my CC as my source for PayPal payments...

The bad part is this #%#& had 100% positive feed back and cuz she's no longer registered I can't even leave negative feedback...

Reply to
Paul

The *NEGATIVE* feedback he is asking for.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

Soon I will be purchasing the sequential turnsignals for a 2004 Mach 1. ¿Is it webeproducts?

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

at 05 May 2004, Ðavïd [ snipped-for-privacy@esn.net] wrote in news:y- snipped-for-privacy@portbridge.com:

If you want to be 100% safe, order those through Musstanguy (Tim) who is a regular in here. See his website at

I've yet to hear one bad thing about him. Apart maybe from the fact he has way to many Mustangs. :-)

Reply to
Paul

"Paul" wrote

Only problem is he doesn't have'em for the classics.

Reply to
Scott Williams

at 05 May 2004, Scott Williams [ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

He may be able to get them. Won't hurt to ask him.. :-)

Reply to
Paul

2 different cases to be exact, the first one I paid thru paypal and the seller never shipped the item, I filed a complaint with paypal and in short time received an email stating the seller had 10 days to provide shipping details or his account would be frozen, the seller refunded my money in short order!

in the second case I paid thru paypal and the seller shipped me an item item that grossly misrepresented on his auction, I filed a report with paypal and they refused to do anything because 1. I received a package 2. it was similar to what I paid for, case closed! luckily the seller was working out of a real business so I called everyday insisting on a refund, they new me by name,LOL, I finally got a refund without help from paypal & kept the item! Forget Ebay doing anything, they don't care as long as they get their fees! And it's possible to have retalitory negative feedback removed from ebays square trade policy,but it will cost you $20.00 to get a reveiw and it may not go in your favor. It's best to just NOT leave any feedback, I always put these sellers on my blocked bidder list also.

Reply to
winze

I hear ya Paul. That's why I asked the question. There is someone on eßay whom goes by 'webeproducts' and uses the same sequential gif as "ponyperformance". I was wondering if they were the same person.

I agree with you about Tim. I have read many of his posts here at RAMFM and Tim is knowledgable and helpful. Yes, I would like to support his business provided the price is reasonable. Hint hint ¿What about a sequential turn signal group purchase for RAMFM?

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

My manufacturer has the modules available for generic applications which would work for you..

You can order directly from his website at:

It wouldn't be hard to make seperators for inside the light assembly and run 3 bulbs.

I am just a distributor of the sequential turn signals but also offer tech support for the products. You can order from either site.

Definately look for some new and exciting products this year.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

one major flaw with paypal on these sorts of things happened to me as well: I bought a high output alternator off a guy, and it arrived with a broken stator. sent it back, and the guy fixed it instead of giving me a different one, and THAT one worked for about 3 hrs before going out. Guy refused to do anything and a paypal complaine was useless. They have no protection against someone being sent defective merchandise. The closest they come is wanting you to get an apparaisal from God knows where that the item isn't what the seller says it is--i.e. a counterfeit or something

Reply to
vince garcia

at 06 May 2004, Ðavïd [ snipped-for-privacy@esn.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@portbridge.com:

Tim is great. Lats year when I had my knocking rod, he called me all the way from CA to offer advice and tips. From what I've seen on his website, pricing is very reasonable. :-) Unfortunately I have a 1995 with the horizontal taillights. So no sequentials for me. I'd love to have that feature but I won't sacrifice my horizontals for the 96+ vertical taillights... :-)

Reply to
Paul

I agree with Paul, not only does Tim have good prices, his service is excellent. I have done business with him and will again with complete confidence.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate